• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(339)

Corporal
Oct 15, 2000
Visit site
With Patch 1.02, provinces are more likely to revolt. You can read the precise calculation of the revolt risk of a province by stopping the cursor on the words revolt risk of the 'church menu'.
Now my question is: is there any way to monitor it quickly for your whole empire?
Something like the 'crime map' of Sim City?
Because it can be quite annoying to go from province to province to check whether it will uprise in the near future (especially when you have more than 50 provinces or so...).

Thanx

Accessing the curch-bilding, will automatically change the map to the religious map. The revolt-risk can be seen by the degree of 'darkness' of the province-colours (the darker the more likely is a revolt)

Hartmann

Hartmann is right here. I though sometimes have problem to see different nuisances of grey. :)
Practically you do not need to check all 50 provinces... Check one with the same religion as your state religon. If it is ok all other such provinces should be ok. Then check one province of a different religion, and so on. This will make you check 1 province for every rligion you have and that'll be enough.
One have to keep track one where one upgraded bailifs though, but that's usually no problem.

End of rabbling...

/Greven

Greven, I am not sure wether you are right. When I played England with version 1.02b after reformation I had revolts everywhere. But in Ireland the risk was much higher for both protestant and catholic. And in my single colony it was always zero.

I forgot to mention that the rebels can also be real friends. After reformation Calais also rebelled and the French lost there one army after the other. Even when they had captured it the rebels recaptered. Finally Spain got it with a huge army. Then I gave it to Spain. Hopefully France and Spain will have a many wars against each other in the future.

Have you checked why you have higher revolt risk then? I have a very strong feeling that the tolerance bar have been changed automatically as you were given relations towards new religions. You state religion is stronger effected by smaller changes on the tolerance bar. Ex. If you have statereligion Catholic and you have put both protestants and catholics at 5, then the protestants will be rather ok, but you catholics will rebel as hell.

Bailiffs?

You can check it at every occasion then, but it is still as I said as a tumbrule. Generally you only need to check one (and then check one with the worst set of downgraders, ie a province with only Bailiff).

That anyone have a problem after the reformation is nothing strange, but this is a very special case as your whole set of tollerance levels is changed from getting relations toward new religions. BUT there is absolutely not reason to check every province. Trust me, I have full control when I play and I never check every province. It is a matter of experience and systematization.

/Greven

[This message has been edited by Greven (edited 12-11-2000).]

The colonies are special cases. I was taking about provinces as the revolt risk is nearly always lower in colonies. This is because most colonies are too small to support rebellion.

/Greven