• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Karolus Magnus, regarding my first question:

currently, there is a create_family_palace command. As of 2.3.6, if I use that command of a character while the game is paused, the character will get the republic interface wwhith only his family palace, but after unpausing, the interface and palace dissapear again.

So, in 2.4, if I use this command on a government which is not merchant republic, but allows family palaces, will the palace be retained?

Thanks for taking your time in anwering.

Reactions:
@Karolus Magnus, regarding my first question:

currently, there is a create_family_palace command. As of 2.3.6, if I use that command of a character while the game is paused, the character will get the republic interface wwhith only his family palace, but after unpausing, the interface and palace dissapear again.

So, in 2.4, if I use this command on a government which is not merchant republic, but allows family palaces, will the palace be retained?

Thanks for taking your time in anwering.

Ah, clever. :)

It will not be retained in 2.4, but I will look into the possibilities on retaining it based on if the holding is allowed rather than if the government is a Merchant Republic one. I can't promise anything, and it will not be in 2.4, but I will investigate it.

Reactions:
I imagine that's for the provinces that are tribals if you don't have HL, and nomads if you do.

Reactions:
What are the tributary effects? Could we have multiple types of trubutaries? Ones that end at the death of the suzerain of those that end at the death of the tributary or those that don't end. Coul d we have an event where after the death of the tributary, his heir has to reconfirm the status, or something like that?

Reactions:
Have the issues with merchant republics and women been fixed?
Unfortunately, no. At least, that's what Groogy (or other dev) said in some dev diary thread.

So, I guess this means that Muslim republics will no longer use decadence mechanics. Interesting. Will they still be affected by the decadence of other family members even if they don't use it themselves?

Has the interface issue with matrilineal marriages for Muslims been resolved?

Currently non-tribal rulers cannot benefit from empty tribal holding slots, is there any intention to change this at some point?

How difficult would it be to add the ability to build buildings and settlements with piety?

I noticed that currently prestige buildings still require 1 gold in order to be built, can the interface be updated to also display a gold cost for mixed cost buildings?

Can a government be made to use purple-born mechanics, or is that still tied to titles?

Two things. First of is it possible to block merchant republics of certain religions or cultures from using the merchant republic clothes (not really fitting for a muslim or pagan merchant republic).
And what conditions and commands are there relating to tributaries? For an example conditions to check if character A is a tributary of character B. Or a command that makes A a tributary of B. Also scopes like any_tributary, and random_tributary would be nice.

Could be possible to mod in government that uses prestige to enact laws? (In the same way iqta uses piety, but spending prestige instead of piety)?

edit: after watching one of "lets plays" of horse lords, it seems the answer is yes. its default mode for nomads. sweet.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Holy shit this seems awesome, though I now have to ask something. Would it be possible to have a line in the which determines how many patrician families the government form spawns? I've for a long time wanted the amount of Patrician families in MRs to be exported to defines, and there have a number of other people who wanted some way to have a feudal government with patricians, and a line like that could fulfill both wishes.

Would that be possible?

Holy shit this seems awesome, though I now have to ask something. Would it be possible to have a line in the which determines how many patrician families the government form spawns? I've for a long time wanted the amount of Patrician families in MRs to be exported to defines, and there have a number of other people who wanted some way to have a feudal government with patricians, and a line like that could fulfill both wishes.

Would that be possible?
Crisis of the Confederation already does that(6 families).

Crisis of the Confederation already does that(6 families).

Quite not the same, CotC exploits a sort of bug (when an extra family is create, the game is not able to get rid of them, and then is always locked with the extra family) but the interface is not adaptative and there is no way to have less than 5

Reactions: