• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

imvdm

Banned
84 Badges
Oct 6, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
With the rest of companions, it can be done through mere conversations, but with siren it seems to take much more. What quests should I take her with me to boost loyalty?

You can get loyality with her from some of the conquest decisions at least, certainly the one at Lethian's Crossing the second year (send her followers to front lines). There are two more decisions that directly mention her at Vellum Citadel.

I've had some real problems with gaining Sirin's loyalty. There are so few opportunties to gain favor with her. Does anyone know of a complete list of Favor gain dialogue options in Act 2 and 3?

I've had some real problems with gaining Sirin's loyalty. There are so few opportunties to gain favor with her. Does anyone know of a complete list of Favor gain dialogue options in Act 2 and 3?
The few I've found (decisions only, the solo route):
  1. Attack the Chorus at the Burning Library (+av);
  2. End the Edict of Stone (+av);
  3. Accept alliance at the beginning of the 3rd Act (+av).
It's enough to get the loyalty combo ability (and the good ending). There's no reaction on sentencing or executing the Voices of Nerat or killing Graven Ashe.

The few I've found (decisions only, the solo route):
  1. Attack the Chorus at the Burning Library (+av);
  2. End the Edict of Stone (+av);
  3. Accept alliance at the beginning of the 3rd Act (+av).
It's enough to get the loyalty combo ability (and the good ending). There's no reaction on sentencing or executing the Voices of Nerat or killing Graven Ashe.

She will won't gain favor if you for ending the Edict of Stone while allied with the Disfavored. It will give her a small amount of fear. In total I think there is a total of only two opportunities in the story where she can gain favor that you are guaranteed to get. I read a reference to being able to gain approval for letting her talk to the Bronze Brotherhood guarding the Oldwalls in Act 2, but I brought her with me and never got that opportunity.:(

This seems like such a bad design choice.

I got that approval from Bronze Brotherhood, so I can confirm it.

Anyway, the biggest favor gains for Siren are from Conquest choices, as far as I see.

Have no idea if without those you can get good enough favor with her.

In game where I had those Conquest choices I got up to 4 favor with her, without ever having her in party.

While in my current one without those I have 2 favor and 1 fear with actually having her in my party all the time, at the second half of act 2. Even got fear due to having her in library and being allied to chorus.

Reactions:
I got that approval from Bronze Brotherhood, so I can confirm it.

Anyway, the biggest favor gains for Siren are from Conquest choices, as far as I see.

Have no idea if without those you can get good enough favor with her.

In game where I had those Conquest choices I got up to 4 favor with her, without ever having her in party.

While in my current one without those I have 2 favor and 1 fear with actually having her in my party all the time, at the second half of act 2. Even got fear due to having her in library and being allied to chorus.

Really? Do you know what triggers it? Because I had her in my party when I encountered them and there was no option for her to speak up, not even when I went back and removed everyone but Sirin from my party.

My guess would be that it's only available for certain paths. I believe I know one way to get her up to Favor 3, but I'd have to replay the entire second and third acts because it's from when you first recruit her.

It's often the case that dialogue options inexplicably vanish if you're on what the devs deem the "wrong" path. I can understand your path determining whether certain dialogue options succeed or fail, but it's harder to defend the path determining whether you're allowed to say them at all...

Reactions:
Really? Do you know what triggers it? Because I had her in my party when I encountered them and there was no option for her to speak up, not even when I went back and removed everyone but Sirin from my party.

My guess would be that it's only available for certain paths. I believe I know one way to get her up to Favor 3, but I'd have to replay the entire second and third acts because it's from when you first recruit her.

In my case, that was with group that is guarding entrance to the inside of Odwalls, and I was on a Chorus path. But I do not think that being with Chorus matters for that dialogue. Then there was an option to let her do persuasion.

Reactions:
In my case, that was with group that is guarding entrance to the inside of Odwalls, and I was on a Chorus path. But I do not think that being with Chorus matters for that dialogue. Then there was an option to let her do persuasion.

Yeah that seems to be exactly the place I thought. I was on the Disfavored Path and no matter what dialogue option I picked, there was no option to let Sirin talk. I only have the option to kill them all or pretend to swear fealty to Raetomonnon. I guess it is the path that matters, even though it makes no sense.

Is that a bug or just a really really terrible design choice?

It actually makes me wonder if bugs are the reason there is so few Sirin Reputation opportunities throughout the game.

Then again, I've heard people say that the Disfavored Path is the worst because it has least choice. Do the Scarlet Chorus and other paths have more choices in general? If that is the reason for this, it kind of makes me angry.

Last edited:
All of the paths arbitrarily limit your choices to some degree, presumably to encourage replays. The rebel path does a nice job letting the player try to forge alliances but sharply restricts where you can go (and blocks you from obtaining all five towers). The anarchist path, on the other hand, is probably the most open-ended in terms of where you can go but offers very few dialogue options in Act 2, with nearly every meaningful conversation ending with you declaring your desire to attack (even if you have no such desire). I would hope that an expansion or sequel would offer more open-endedness both in where you can go and in the alliances you might want to forge.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I found another supposed example on the wiki that says will increase Sirin's favor. It says to "Spare the beastchild," which I guessed meant Left Claw in Halfgate. But again, I tried it with her there and there was no reaction from her.

Has anyone else tried that? Is this character broken? What's the deal here? It makes no sense.

Sirin doesn't react anyhow on sparing Left-Claw on the solo route. Which leads to the conclusion that either it's not Left-Claw or depends on the route.

Edit. Checked the wiki (gamepedia), seems like this decision is Rebel-exclusive.

Last edited:
So I guess they just inexplicably and nonsensically removed most of her responses to anything on the Disfavored path? That would be a really really terrible decision, if that's what they did.

I found one pretty hidden favour boost on the Disfavoured path: execute the SC deserters who want to join up at Iron Hearth. Nice to see that Sirin actually approves of cruelty under the right circs.