• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope it will be! I made some fancy maps with this guide and I know nothing about graphic editors.

Well, I can probably adapt the textures I used from takedown47's template, but I have no idea how to reproduce MondoPotato's terrain map, so realistic topography is out. Instead, I'm going to try and fudge it. If I can come up with a simple way to "stamp" mountain and forest patterns like the ones seen on classic maps in Paint.NET, I can fill the map by hand. If not, a flat version will have to do.

I don't know when I can do this, though - I'm working overtime throughout these couple of weeks.

I hope it will be! I made some fancy maps with this guide and I know nothing about graphic editors.

I certainly don't intend to let the descendants of Saint Markos down.

People have been requesting I do a tutorial and show them how to make a nice AAR quality map. I have included a file below which contains instructions, a template you can use and a nice map font called Romeodn. Please note you will need some sort of image editing program like photoshop. I use Photoshop Elements 2.0 which was released in 2002 so you don't need super expensive programs like CS6.

Download: View attachment 91756
Works better with SWMH

Example of the finished product
35b5qiq.jpg

Hope this helps.

P.S To the moderators I wasn't sure where this thread should go so if you want to move to somewhere else that's fine.

what mod is it ?

Hello,

Thanks Takedown for this fantastic tutorial, and for everyone else who contributed. I used your approach and tweaked it for maps in my latest AAR, and am writing up a tutorial for how to create similar ones with the new map expansion. I plan to give you folks a big acknowledgement up front for the inspiration to create maps from the F10 saves. here is one I am working on for the tutorial:

MapTutorial1-0jpg_zps7cceccfb.jpg~original

Thanks again,

Hello,

Thanks Takedown for this fantastic tutorial, and for everyone else who contributed. I used your approach and tweaked it for maps in my latest AAR, and am writing up a tutorial for how to create similar ones with the new map expansion. I plan to give you folks a big acknowledgement up front for the inspiration to create maps from the F10 saves. here is one I am working on for the tutorial:
-snip-

Thanks again,
Awesome, it's great that this tutorial is going to be continued :) Thanks!

I certainly don't intend to let the descendants of Saint Markos down.
Venerate Saint Markos - blessed be His name - and House Angelos, Protector of the Imperium! :)

Last edited:
Hello,

MapTutorial1-0jpg_zps7cceccfb.jpg~original

Thanks again,

In case anyone is interested, I just posted the tutorial for this map:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?767432-TinMann%92s-AAR-Map-amp-Graphics-Tutorials

Thanks again to you all.

Will it be updated to ROI?

I've been working sporadically on a new one for RoI. Here's how it looks right now:

(click to enlarge)

The basic direction (light colours, stamped terrain features) seems to work well, but it's not quite ready for release yet. Any comments and suggestions would be welcome.

I've been working sporadically on a new one for RoI. Here's how it looks right now:

(click to enlarge)

The basic direction (light colours, stamped terrain features) seems to work well, but it's not quite ready for release yet. Any comments and suggestions would be welcome.

wow your map looks brilliant! I love the mountains, it's a nice touch

I actualy made a map (with India) by taking the old map texture and putting it in the new map areas- it actualy looks quite well, like a map people folded many times.
dxlizq.jpg