• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Invictus5966

Captain
73 Badges
Mar 6, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
I have had this game for some time but frankly Im bad. I was in one game but the host was making some racist comments so I bailed, Anyother game said no noobs allowed ect... That is no way to learn.

I think Im good with the units (basics) recon, Inf Tanks ect.. I think what my problem is I pick bad spots and get my units pinned then overrun.

Any tricks or just keep playing. Watching some YouTube vids it seems so easy :(

Thx for allowing me to vent.

Tutorial gives basic information. So use cover for your infantry and retreat behind the cover if they are under heavy fire (disable auto-cover and right click behind the cover). In that way they wont be pinned so quickly. Also use leader to ensure that units have better stats, morale, etc and dont surrender.

Keep on playing.

Last edited:
Watch some shoutcasts of tournament games, like this one:

They'll give you a lot of pointers about how to play the game in general and also some strengths and weaknesses of individual divisions.

1. Play the tutorial.
2. Play the campaign.
3. Watch some vids, preferably first person pov.
4. Play skirmish vs madium AI until you can consistently beat it.
5. Go to multiplayer

Last edited:
1. Play the tutorial.
2. Play the campaign.
3. Whats some vids, preferably first person pov.
4. Play skirmish vs madium AI until you can consistently beat it.
5. Go to multiplayer

It's a bad idea to play the AI. It will teach you bad habits like spreading units evenly across the front rather than concentrating your units (the AI plays with a maphack). It's better to jump into MP right away, even if some spergs end up angry having a newbie on their team.

I have had this game for some time but frankly Im bad. I was in one game but the host was making some racist comments so I bailed, Anyother game said no noobs allowed ect... That is no way to learn.

I think Im good with the units (basics) recon, Inf Tanks ect.. I think what my problem is I pick bad spots and get my units pinned then overrun.

Any tricks or just keep playing. Watching some YouTube vids it seems so easy :(

Thx for allowing me to vent.

I saw you joined the SD Players BOX Discord. Wallace often hosts team games where everyone is welcome, so it's a pretty beginner-friendly environment and you get to play others that are new as well. Me and other experienced players join too from time to time, so I'm sure someone will be able to give you pointers to help you get better too.

It's a bad idea to play the AI. It will teach you bad habits like spreading units evenly across the front rather than concentrating your units (the AI plays with a maphack). It's better to jump into MP right away, even if some spergs end up angry having a newbie on their team.
Even so, playing a couple AI skirmish games before starting multiplayer gives new players an opportunity to see how the PvP part of the game works and get a feel for their division before jumping in blind. I think it's a good idea.

Ive been playing AI easy mode seeing weakness in decks and learning the commands. Still trying to figure out the order que where u move then unload ect.

Herr Robert - Bubblebox sent me the link for the group. When I have time I log in and listen to groups. I may post a link to some of my decks to get input. Thx for everyones replies.

The Orders Queue is created for a units, when you select the unit give it a movement order and then press and <shift> while issuing further orders. Once you release <shift>, the queue is closed. You can start by pressing <shift>, but it's only necessary to press it after issuing the first order.

For example, you have an infantry squad, which just arrived on the map and is still mounted in a truck. You want to move it along a road as quickly as possible, dismount, move across field on foot and into the woods. This is how you would do it:

- <Left-click> on the truck (with the squad in it) to select it.
- Press and hold <Shift> until the entire move is plotted.
- Press <F> for fast movement.
- <Right-Click> on the last road location, where you want the squad to dismount or the truck to leave the road (1.).
- Press <Z> to order your squad to dismount. Your mouse pointer will now have running legs (they actually look like scissors to me :D ).
- <Left-click> on there target location. Yes, <Left-click> is correct; not the normal <Right-click> otherwise used during movement plotting.
- Release the <Shift> key.

(1.) If you want the truck to take a specific route along the roads, to for example avoid a specific intersection), <Right-click> at an intersection along the default route (2.), before the intersection you wish to avoid, and <Right-click> to another intersection alone the path you wish the truck to take. I don't know if there is a limited number of waypoints possible.

(2.) To see what the default route is, simply select the unit, press <F> and then <Right-click> one a target location. When you now press <Shift> the AI planned path will be shown as a fat line emitting from the moving unit. Dark blue sections are fast movement, light blue are overland.

I would suggest Pausing the game by pressing <P>, while plotting your move, so you can test and see which default route the AI decides upon.

Last edited:
I have a noob question, bc I am a noob in this game :eek:

How can you create a replay file when playing a campaign scenario?

I'm playing the campaign scenarios (mostly a large number of times), while learning HOW to play the game, not just tactically, but HOW to best use the UI correctly. I think it would be very advantageous to watch the replay, and find mistakes I made and things I missed during the original playing.