How to install a mod given a .zip file

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the content of that .zip file.
Somewhere in the Files you extract should be:
  1. A Folder with the same name as the mod you are installing. This folder as the same structure as the eu4 folder in the steam folder.
  2. A .mod file which has the same name but with the ending .mod
You have to copy both of these to C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod

Well inside the zip there are a couple folders, missions, map, localisation, ect. and a descriptor.mod the path reads "archive="mod/extendedtimeline.zip", so what do I do now.

Well inside the zip there are a couple folders, missions, map, localisation, ect. and a descriptor.mod the path reads "archive="mod/extendedtimeline.zip", so what do I do now.
Ah. That seems to be a mod you automatically downloaded from the steam workshop and want to get working in 1.13.
Just go into the .mod file; there should be a line
Code:
supported_version="1.12"
change this line to
Code:
supported_version="1.13"
This way you can start the mod.
HOWEVER chances are good, the mod is not going to work properly in version 1.13.
Edit: At the very least you should update the defines.lua file in the mod. I don't know what exactly is changed but if you simply replace the mod's defines file with the vanilla file and change the line
Code:
END_DATE = "1821.1.2",
again, you probably have a better chance at getting the mod to work.

Ah. Now I understand. 2 ways:
  1. Subscribe in steam workshop and let it download.
  2. copy the 2 files "extendedtimeline.mod" and "extendedtimeline.zip" into your friends mod folder (path is: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod)

Well I got the mod installed
kCOcC
kCOcC
but in game there is no effect
kCOcC
am I doing something wrong?
Here is the file the .mod and zip are placed in:
kCOcC

*note: the extended timeline mod should let me move back before 1444, however there doesn't seem to be a way to do so.

Try downloading the mod from the steam workshop again. I just did and the defines file in that mod should definitly allow you to start somewhere around year 2. (though I'm too lazy to try it out since my game is 1.13 and not compatible with the mod)
Either your files are somehow corrupted or the mod is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.