How to handle amenities/stability for devouring hives gestalt?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On a sidenote...
While my swarm feasts on its enemies on a newly conquered HW I've noticed only now: research assistance, stability, governor traits/level... all act as the usual additive multiplier for how much food and research the enemies provide. So, providing a comfortable surrounding for the slaughter and feeding is quite worthwhile.

as a ds/de/fp

As a what?

On a sidenote...
While my swarm feasts on its enemies on a newly conquered HW I've noticed only now: research assistance, stability, governor traits/level... all act as the usual additive multiplier for how much food and research the enemies provide. So, providing a comfortable surrounding for the slaughter and feeding is quite worthwhile.

As a what?
devouring swarm, determined exterminator, fanatical purifier

Has anyone an useful idea on how to maintain habitats as hive gestalts? The housing districts dont give enough and synapse drones from that building dont produce enough. Any clever workaround to keep the stability above 50%?
I dont see any problem with them? Every Habitation district can support 8 pops - that's one upgraded lab building. Then there is capital that gives amenities and housing. The rest of slots are filled with fortresses\silos\rare resource buildings, or just used as breeding grounds. Research habitat gives bonus to science output unlike planets that offer lesser upkeep, so there little reason to use hem for anything other than science.

I dont see any problem with them? Every Habitation district can support 8 pops - that's one upgraded lab building. Then there is capital that gives amenities and housing. The rest of slots are filled with fortresses\silos\rare resource buildings, or just used as breeding grounds. Research habitat gives bonus to science output unlike planets that offer lesser upkeep, so there little reason to use hem for anything other than science.

That's barely enough amenities if you are making a research habitat using buildings. You'd build the Habitation Districts for the housing anyways, so it's almost ok, but you are not counting the Amenities consumed by the Maintenance Drones themselves.

A single Habitation District gives you a net +6 Amenities (+8 from jobs, -2 to support the 2 pops working them), that's 48 other jobs beside Maintenace for a max tier habitat. where you built 8 Housing Districts. If you want to make a Habitat focusing on districts for resources (for mining or energy, or even research), you are gonna need 1 Habitation District to support 2 Resource Districts as Machines, or 2 Habitation Districts to support 3 Resource Districts as Hive Minds. It's such a bad ratio compared to the planetary Hive/Nexus district which supports 6 Mining/Generator Districts for Machines or 4 Mining/Generator/Farming districts for Hives.

Upgraded Drone Storage provides 6 Amenities, which is only 1 more than what you need to support the 5 pops required for its building slot. Hive Warren is much better at 10.
The capital building provides only 5 Amenities and 5 Housing, which is enough to counter the base -5 Amenities, but not to support the 2-3 pops running its jobs, so it doesn't actually support itself, unless you take that Synchronicity Tradition as Hive Mind, and needs its own Habitation District just for the Maintenance Drones.
While the Resource Silos give you 4 Amenities through job: not enough to cover the 5 pops of the building slot.

Last edited: