• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dashgalaxy86

Sergeant
14 Badges
Oct 16, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hello Everyone,
I'm a huge fan of Sengoku and Crusader Kings 2, and as you can see I have many Paradox games. I think Sengoku has a lot of potential, and it's already a great game. Unfortunately, it is underdeveloped when compared to its brother, CK2. I am wondering if it might be possible for me to mod the game myself. If so, how do you get started? Is there a good guide somewhere? Do you need to know any scripting language in particular?

Some things I'd like to do:
-Add/modify random events to flesh out character interactions
-Add new ways for characters to interact (aside from "Send Gift", think "Threaten", "Praise", "Insult", "Ask For Peace", "Merge Clans")
-Refine the plot system a bit, make it a bit more solid... add some new options (Plot to abduct, Plot to dishonor, Plot to invade)

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello Everyone,
I'm a huge fan of Sengoku and Crusader Kings 2, and as you can see I have many Paradox games. I think Sengoku has a lot of potential, and it's already a great game. Unfortunately, it is underdeveloped when compared to its brother, CK2. I am wondering if it might be possible for me to mod the game myself. If so, how do you get started? Is there a good guide somewhere? Do you need to know any scripting language in particular?

Some things I'd like to do:
-Add/modify random events to flesh out character interactions
-Add new ways for characters to interact (aside from "Send Gift", think "Threaten", "Praise", "Insult", "Ask For Peace", "Merge Clans")
-Refine the plot system a bit, make it a bit more solid... add some new options (Plot to abduct, Plot to dishonor, Plot to invade)

Any help would be appreciated!

I would suggest picking chatnoir17's brains. His mod is the most popular and he has poured a massive amount of work into it; he knows the ins and outs of the game like few others.