• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Streletz

Second Lieutenant
61 Badges
Nov 16, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rome Gold
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I'm playing a Sorbia to Wendia run in the viking atart date, and I wonder how I could get rid of that pesky vikings. I'm still slavic at this point so impossible to convert them. I crushed all their kindgoms to take back the baltic coast they conquered (also they seems to insta convert provinces to norse which is totally broken). I had conquer Denmark twice, and created a kingdom owned by a slavic noble (don't want to hold all this land my self), but he's getting replaced in less then 5 years each time.

Also I don't know what the AI has but I always have some micro viking states declaring war for Pommerania, fielding about 2000-3000 tribal levies which ins't a big match to my 4k feudal army + defensive pagan bonuses, but I'm always in war with around 4-5 viking duchies and a couple of adventurers.

What is the best way to get rid definitely of the norse? I don't plan to convert until I have army organisation 4 (I play without pagan reformation), perhaps I should give away their lands to a catholic noble rather then a slavic one in hope that he convert them?

Your last answer is the right one. if want the norse to stop raiding, you need to change their religion and culture.
But religion for start at all counties and higher up, prevents the Norse from raiding. so give away the holdings to a somebody christian with a different culture. and their raiding stops unless they revolt and take it away again.

If you defeat their raiders in battle, they can't raid you again for 5(?) years. Yes, this means you need a standing army in your homeland to play whack-a-mole, but that's not so bad.

If you are willing to pay a high price for a break, you can settle an adventurer in your land. This gives you 10(?) years' protection from all raiders.

Hum, the thing is that I'm not being raided - I'm being dowed with costal conquest CB. I guess the AI miscalculate the odds - they have a theoretic manpower of 7-9k against my 4k, but due to not having all tribal vassals joining (or coming in separate armies), they usually end with around 5-6k tribals, that get rolled over by my feudal 4k with good generals and pagan homeland bonus.

They stopped dowing me now that I have about 9k levies. 38 martial king, best ruler forever. No ideas how I'm gonna survive the succession through, 3 heirs, gavelkind, and the main heir has horrible stats.

Reactions:
No ideas how I'm gonna survive the succession through, 3 heirs, gavelkind, and the main heir has horrible stats.

There's always the drastic solution: imprison (tyranny!) + execute (kinslayer!). Tribal kinslayer isn't as terrible as normal kinslayer, so maybe this is feasible?

Hum, the thing is that I'm not being raided - I'm being dowed with costal conquest CB. I guess the AI miscalculate the odds - they have a theoretic manpower of 7-9k against my 4k, but due to not having all tribal vassals joining (or coming in separate armies), they usually end with around 5-6k tribals, that get rolled over by my feudal 4k with good generals and pagan homeland bonus.

They stopped dowing me now that I have about 9k levies. 38 martial king, best ruler forever. No ideas how I'm gonna survive the succession through, 3 heirs, gavelkind, and the main heir has horrible stats.

This all makes sense.
Viking perceive weakness, viking attack
Now that you are a widely known military genius with a powerful army they understandable steer clear as there is easier prey elsewhere.
Being raided by vikings is the fate of any weak, coastal ruler Im afraid.

What is the best way to get rid definitely of the norse? I don't plan to convert until I have army organisation 4 (I play without pagan reformation), perhaps I should give away their lands to a catholic noble rather then a slavic one in hope that he convert them?

On that train of thought, you can grant titles away to The Pope or a Holy Order. The Pope will probably lose them due to Exclaves but if the Holy Orders are in the game that's a good solution as I don't believe they are affected by Exclaves.

I was not aware of this caveat - thank you!

..because it's not true...or at least it shouldn't be.
Was always (relatively) part of the standard game.