• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Derron116

Sergeant
80 Badges
Aug 7, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
I started playing on the 867 start with Almos, ruler of the Magyars with the intention of starting a simple Magyar into Hungary into Christianity game. When I got the decision to "Cross the Carpathians" I took it, got my event troops and began moving my forces against Ungvar. Things went awry quickly when I realized that there were other rulers warring for that same land. They sieged Ungvar down, took the land, and usurped the ruler. This lead to my war ending "Inconclusively" leaving me with several thousand troops and an inability to move into Pannonia.

I decided to take this in stride and just have my Magyar Kingdom remain in the Ukrainian area, destroying Dyre's realm and just trying to carve out a niche in between Khazaria and Bulgaria (who's two rulers keep becoming rivals of me for some reason but that's another issue).

It wasn't long before I realized that my levies were hamperd by a "Magyar Divisions" building, I presume to help hamper the Magyars for the migration mechanics, but now I'm in 917 and still holding onto just over 2000 event troops and the similarly numbered levies (and vassals and tributes) and I'm just wondering if there is any way of getting rid of that modifyer or if I have to find a way to overthrow the quite strong Bulgarian Empire occupying Pannonia. And with a weak Byzantium, a hostile Khazaria, and no other truly powerful realms in the area I'm not that confident in my chances of an invasion of Bulgaria barring some random collapse of the Bulskargo dynasty.

Update: The building appears to have disappeared so I would assume simply surviving to the early-mid-900s or expanding as I have done removes the modifier. So issue is solved I guess.