• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Woody19

Corporal
31 Badges
Jun 4, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
What is your best advice to get rid of an heir with the imbecile trait? AFAIK it's not possible to assasinate him, so what can I do to prevent him becoming my next ruler?

Imprison --> Execute. Will incur tyranny, but sometimes you have to pick the lesser evil.

You could send a small army against a doomstack, or retire to a monastery, or hope he joins a holy order.

If you have a vassal pope excomunicate him, imprison and execute. You´ll get kinslayer but no tyrany. EDIT: You can´t make your immediate heir a bishop, but
I have made my 1st grandson a bishop so the genius 2nd grandson would be the future heir.

Can you force your heir to take the vows if he is imprisoned? I've never thought to try.

If you go the hope he dies in battle route, don't send him in a small army that's guaranteed to be destroyed. That doesn't actually increase his chance of dying (though it will increase his chance of getting imprisoned FWIW). Send him into battles that are likely to last a long time while he is ill or wounded to maximize his chances of dying. If he's craven, he's much less likely to get wounded, maimed, or killed in battle and if he's brave he's more likely.

Try making him spymaster and send him to steal from bzantines . Or court chaplain and send to convert heathens . When he's imprisoned, even not by you I think you can get him to monk hood.

What is your best advice to get rid of an heir with the imbecile trait? AFAIK it's not possible to assasinate him, so what can I do to prevent him becoming my next ruler?
Change the succession law if you can.

Imprison --> Execute. Will incur tyranny, but sometimes you have to pick the lesser evil.
I wonder. If you spy on your heir with the intrigue focus, can you find stuff that will allow you to imprison him without incurring tyranny?

If so, you would only get the tyranny from executing him, right?

I wonder. If you spy on your heir with the intrigue focus, can you find stuff that will allow you to imprison him without incurring tyranny?

If so, you would only get the tyranny from executing him, right?

That means leaving the child alive until it comes of age. One unlucky event, and...

If you do it early enough why not just wait and send him to the obliette? No kinslayer....

one thing i dislike is you can't set your primary heir to be the heir to a church. what if i don't want my first son to inherit but the 2nd. and i already changed my succession laws to progi. what am i gonna do? i think the sending people to churches and being monks should be more flexible.

If you do it early enough why not just wait and send him to the obliette? No kinslayer....

I don't think you get those letters from children. Also, you still run the risk of dying before the child due to plots, diseases, etc.