• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CVDE

Major
17 Badges
Mar 31, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
I'm excited for Tyranny( I'm also excited for the price :D ), but man do I suck at CRPGs! I always get a headache when I see things like:

"-.5 graze + .5 sneak_attack = 1x damage modifier and NOT 1.5x halved for .75x damage modifier"
( I rip this from a PoE build to get my point across )

I have no friggin clue what any of this stuff means XD, but I would like to get better at understanding on how to. I wanna play games like Tyranny at the highest difficulty, I wanna know what type of player I wanna build and how to build his/her party around them, and overall i just wanna have fun and not get frustrated cause my character sucks.

So I know it sounds silly, but if anyone could recommend any guides at getting better at games like these I would be grateful.:)

"-.5 graze + .5 sneak_attack = 1x damage modifier and NOT 1.5x halved for .75x damage modifier"
( I rip this from a PoE build to get my point across )

I have no friggin clue what any of this stuff means XD, but I would like to get better at understanding on how to.
This part is simple mathematics. What they mean to say is that percentage bonuses and penalties are added together so they don't compound in a serious way (in the above example a +50% and a -50% stack together for no change, and four +50% bonuses would mean three times normal damage rather than five times normal damage).

Really though, don't feel inadequate if you're not the kind of person who can delve into the stats and find the optimum builds: it's a very specific kind of person who can do that (and enjoy it). If you want to improve, just think about the math that's being explained to you in those kinds of posts so it becomes more familiar to you, then apply that math to character builds. If you're thinking stuff like "fire mastery only gives +25% damage to one kind of spell and it's the most common immunity in the game, so a -10% cooldown reduction would be much more beneficial overall" then you'll know you've made it. :cool:

Reactions:
Reactions: