How to change my name in the game description

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cascer1

Recruit
7 Badges
Apr 3, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities in Motion
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Hey!

I bought the name in the game thing when prison architect was in a very early alpha, and I remember there was a way to change the data associated with my name on the introversion website somehow. Is this still possible now that the game is owned by paradox?

Thanks

it has been discontinued by Paradox sadly. I wish they would allow those of us who didn't activate our keys to actually make use of them, since I am in a similar predicament as I also have the name key, as I also got the game before Paradox purchased it.

Name in game are stored locally on your computer on Steam\steamapps\common\Prison Architect\data\names_in_the_game.bin

Basically, those like me who got the Name In Game edition before, have their names by default on people's games, but you can still manually edit and add custom mugshots.

Actually it was deprecated by Introversion before Paradox acquired the game.
Nope??
Paradox acquired Prison Architect at the beginning of 2019 and Name in the Game has been discontinued after a month since the announcement that happened in June.
Hey!

I bought the name in the game thing when prison architect was in a very early alpha, and I remember there was a way to change the data associated with my name on the introversion website somehow. Is this still possible now that the game is owned by paradox?

Thanks
Paradox has announced it and gave people a lot of time to update it, exactly the same way as it was with being able to download the non-steam version from IV Software website.
Sadly, there's no way for you to update it anymore and to be honest I don't understand why people like you haven't done that earlier, right after you've bought it.

Last edited: