• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(169393)

Recruit
1 Badges
Sep 27, 2009
  • Majesty 2
I was wondering how to make the hero always appear as though they are level 15 (their final appearacne change? Anyone know how its done. I've looked around in the entities, unit files but can not seem to find what would affect this or I have seen it but didn't recognize it.Could someone please respond and let me know?:D:D:wacko:

There is possibility to change appearance of heroes whom you put manually on map, by editing them in section "itemsattachment", give to hero more advanced armor or weapon (that change not includes the weapon damage) of any class by writting manually name of the weapons and armor.
Change for all units can be achieved, maybe with trigger "code", maybe not, im not a programmist so i cant check it.

I have a lot of experience with modding, so after a short look, I think i might be able to help you out there.

resource.pck (you cna re-name it to rar to open it) holds hte data.

Gamedata/units holds the unit data

BUT

entity\units seems to hold more data of that kind

interestingly enough, entitiy/items holds the actual meshes for the weapons/armor parts the heros use.

I didn't inspect the dependency and refferences closely, but simply re-naming the weapon fodlers might to the trick. (re-name hero_paladin_weapon01 and hero_paladin_weapon04 folders, and you might see the unsing differetn weapons)

This requires testing however.

You should rename the meshes too. The same goes for the armor textures in the unit folder.

The easier and more logical way is to edit the unitdecour.xml file in game data. Basically attach all items to level 1, and delete other sets from appearing, and your heroes will always carry the last set of items and weapons.

No need to re-name them.

I just tested it..I made a paladin with different armor and weapon progression. Starting weapon is a hammer, end weapon is the sword. Armor with gold trimmings and helmet is the top one. I also tweaked the armor texture to make it whiter. Looks good.

After a bit of tweaking, I may put this modification to download.