• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, thanks Denniss. Couldn't find it in the manual.

And doesn't it seem odd that a country that already has factories forgets how to build them until a new tech is researched? :wacko:

yeah, yeah, i know, game balancing, blah blah blah... :rolleyes:

OK, thanks Denniss. Couldn't find it in the manual.

And doesn't it seem odd that a country that already has factories forgets how to build them until a new tech is researched? :wacko:

yeah, yeah, i know, game balancing, blah blah blah... :rolleyes:

Recovery techs are called this way for a reason. The Great Depression is something difficult to deal with.

It isn't that you don't *know* how to build new factories, just that all your efforts are going in to reopening old factories first - why build a new one, when you can use one you already have, basically. As cegorach says, the Depression isn't the easiest thing to deal with !

Tim

And factories aint just factories. Factories also require plant and plant is technology sensitive; so the optimal operation of new factories is going to require investment in researching, developing, and building the new plant required to fit them out.

Welcome to Epa's wonderful world of rationalisation.

But isnt there some a lot of countries that can never build new factories? When fooling around with Sweden all the recovery techs were red, meaning I could never build IC under any circumstances? Made me a bit angry actually. Its nice not to have the maluses of the great depression at the same time, but you can never get any of the heavy industry techs even though you are a semi-industrialized economy.

Last edited:
Germany starts with a BP for 1936 Military recovery, which means it can be reserached in a couple of months at the worst. 1937 Military recovery then becomes available, and you should be able to have it researched and the effects in place by summer 1936 as a player. These early stages of recovery are more about using the factories you already have to their full capacity rather than building any more immediately.

Tim

I am new to playing CORE for AOD, and have just started playing a Japan game.

I have one question: does Japan ever open the tech road to heavy industry? Can it ever construct factories? EDIT: Well, two questions.

I have only played up to mid 1937 but as far as I can see only an event will open up the tech tree to allow me to expand the economy. At its current level I will be struggling to maintain my army, let alone increase its size or attack anyone.

Thanks

Last edited:
Don't worry - you will have your IC with mobilization events triggering later.

I've played with Japan a dozen of times and never (excet once) built a single factory.
You might however consider improving infrastructure in some areas - which will be more difficult in future editions of the CORE, I hope.

Japan was no superpower. Its economy was relatively small so you shoud remember that and plan your moves well ahead.

Don't worry - you will have your IC with mobilization events triggering later.

I've played with Japan a dozen of times and never (excet once) built a single factory.
You might however consider improving infrastructure in some areas - which will be more difficult in future editions of the CORE, I hope.

Japan was no superpower. Its economy was relatively small so you shoud remember that and plan your moves well ahead.

Thanks: my main concern was the lack of IC, not really wanting to build more. I am triyng to upgrade infra on the Home Islands: very slow. The moutain areas will take until 1940 to reach 100% so not likely to do those. But Tokyo is w/while.