• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

homy_dog34

Lt. General
38 Badges
Feb 19, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Diplomacy
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Age of Wonders
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
How to Be Mediocre at Hearts of Iron III Part 1

Hello to all of you reading this. As you can see, I am going to be playing a game of HoI3.
Please note that this AAR is probably not going to be very successful, seeing as I have yet to play any HoI3 game past 1936.

Anyways, I have made several Eu3 AARs, and I have now decided that the times has come for me to expand my horizons, as they say.
I have played both HoI1, and HoI2, and I was decently skilled mediocre at both of those games.
So, when HoI3 came about, and I purchased the game, I was expecting something similar to the previous two.
And so, when I first opened up the game, and saw the massive (compared to the other games) amount of provinces, I honestly just kinda gave up and went back to playing Eu3.
But whatever, just be warned that this will be mediocre, and don't expect anything too great.

But enough about that, let's get into things.
This first update will be rather short, and it will only contain a few screenshots, since I will not have unpaused the game for this part.

My nation is Germany. All settings are on normal. 1936 Scenario.
I chose Germany, simply because even though it might not be easier than Britain, you actually have things to do besides sitting in France for 5 years.
Also, I have really only been greatly successful with Germany in the past games, since I never quite managed to do as well when playing with other nations.
From this view, the map looks very slick and high tech, just what one would expect for a new game.
0RXYXGK.jpg

After joining the game, I look though each of the screens.
First up is Diplomacy.
This diplomatic triangle reminds me very much of HoI1, where they used what I think is the exact same thing.
New for me are several things: Neutrality, threat level, and the decisions at the bottom left.
I assume neutrality is how much people want peace, and I suppose threat level speaks for itself.
As for the decisions, it appears that Paradox has made left everything up to you, and not made all of this based on the in-game date.
This new system is fine by me. I wonder what else is new.
i7BAb1x.jpg

Production is next.
Very similar to HoI2, in that you both produce units and control your IC here.
New for me is the brigade system that is used in HoI3. I have no idea how powerful, or how useful having multiple brigades is, but whatever.
I purchase 12, 2-brigade motorized infantry units, as well as 4 u-boat flotillas.
I've always found motorized infantry to be useful, so I suppose I can't go wrong with this choice, can I?
OgNG01E.jpg

Next is Technology.
Now this is what I call an overhaul. They have still separated everything into roughly the same groups, but now you have various stages for each research project, depicting upgrades in it.
The other main new feature here is leadership. With 4 groups, research, espionage, diplomacy, and officers, this is something completely new to me.
Research is pretty obvious, but the rest are not so plain.
I think diplomacy and espionage are similar now, since I have recognized the DI counter on the top of the screen from HoI1. Next to it is a spy counter.
Officers, I don't know what to think of. I guess that it stands for junior officers and NCOs, and such, since there are still generals in the game.
For now, since technology is so important, that's what Ill stick with. I invest as much as I can in tech, and then put the rest into officers.
I am now researching about infantry, tanks, land doctrines, and theories, for the most part.
7FzXJMM.jpg

Next up is the politics screen. Now this I can understand.
First, there are the ministers, just like in HoI2.
And so, just like in every HoI2 game I've played as Germany, I get Hjalmar Schacht, since more IC can be a real lifesaver.
Next, there is what is obviously a chart showing what political party is in charge in the nation, which is currently the Nazis (obviously).
Finally, there is a law making system on the lower left. I have not seen anything like this in previous games, but a quick mouse over reveals what it is fairly quickly.
It seems that I can now enact various laws that will decide how my country runs. unfortunately, it seems I can't really make any changes at the moment, so I just leave things as they are.
Z4RdYiD.jpg

Finally, the Intelligence screen.
This screen is mildly similar to HoI2's, (Well, it's not like HoI1 even had one, anyways).
The only real new things I see are several new missions, whose names speak for themselves in describing them.
Not much to say here, except that I don't plan on spending to much time in this place.
VdFmdB3.jpg

Now, just a quick look at the map, and my troop movements.
I send almost all of my troops to either the Polish or French border.
All of the Panzers are sent East to Poland. I also also put several infantry units on the border with Denmark, just in case, along with one unit to protect from amphibious landings in Wilhelmshaven.
Moving all of these troops took a little bit of time, but it's worth it, so long as I have an organized army.
I don't know how strong my troops at the French border have to be, but I'll just assume that having one infantry unit in each province is good enough.
ycuv7Kq.jpg

Anyways, that's all for this update. If you have any advice, or feedback, please post a comment.
I think I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

I assume you're playing vanilla? I certainly will follow anyway.

Considering I have no clue about HOI, I'll be following to at least get some idea.

If you're playing vannilla, standard motorized division setup is 2xMOT 2xTD. Gets combined arms bonus(significant) and is strong enough to kill normal infantry.

Don't research theories, only the ones for supplies and civil defense are usefull.

I assume you're playing vanilla? I certainly will follow anyway.
Yep, vanilla is best mod.
Considering I have no clue about HOI, I'll be following to at least get some idea.
Awesome, I hope you like it!
I never managed to gather enough patience for HOI3 so I will certainly follow and might give it a go myself, who knows...
Yeah, I am actually liking this game a lot now, after playing it for this update.
If you're playing vannilla, standard motorized division setup is 2xMOT 2xTD. Gets combined arms bonus(significant) and is strong enough to kill normal infantry.
OK, I wish I had done that, but oh well, what can you do? I guess I'll make some Tank Destroyers next time I have some spare IC.
Don't research theories, only the ones for supplies and civil defense are usefull.
Oh. and to think that I just spent 3 years researching theories.
Unless your going for early nukes or night vision, he is right. Don't go for theories, they save you little for the price you have to pay.
Huh, and here I thought that theories were really great. After all, they seem like they'd be a real help to you.

How to Be Mediocre at Hearts of Iron III Part 2

Hello everyone, it is now time for the second part of this AAR.
Now this time, I am just going to be playing up all the way to the start of the war, since nothing really happens before that.
Anyways, I have received some advice that I have cleverly ignored, so let's hope things don't get too bad, OK?

25 March, 1936
I spend about 2 months just sitting there and improving my tech, and recruiting units.
Nothing too major happens, I might've finished a few techs, but that's about it.
Anyways, the first major event finally rolls around. Spain is having a civil war. I send aid to the Nationalists, and them I ignore Spain for a while.
Bnvdo5J.jpg

28 April, 1936
I finally figure out how to send trade agreements to other nations.
I've been rather confused by the new system, but I have finally realized that you have to go into the Diplomacy menu, and then move the slider towards the sell side on the trade screen.
Anyways, I solve all of my shortages, and start to stockpile.
MnoeyI7.jpg

22 May, 1936
I finish building my motorized divisions, and so I can now enact the Re-Occupation of the Rhineland.
After doing that, I also enact the 3-Year Draft law, giving me some nice bonuses.
QQtpb2f.jpg

15 October, 1936
Japan and Italy have joined me to form the Axis.
Note that Italy's war with Ethiopia has ended in a puppet regime there, unlike in the previous games where annexation always happened.
The U.K. is adding the usual suspects to the Allies, so no surprises yet.
I am also starting to influence several nations that could prove useful later on.
57OE1lL.jpg

17 May, 1937
The first of these nations is Hungary, who is always a reliable ally.
I still am trying to get several other nations, but I don't know if it will work out.
h8BVicp.jpg

5, April 1938
I annex Austria, after remembering that the event would not fire on its own.
However, the odd part is that during this time Denmark mobilized for no apparent reason. Oh well, their loss (of supplies).
DFR7itr.jpg

21 June, 1938
I decree that the Sudetenland land of Czechoslovakia is mine, and they agree.
I'm glad that there wasn't a war, I don't think I would've been ready for it. I had literally zero troops on the border.
dFpQP3a.jpg

10 August, 1938
One of the nations that I have been influencing is added to the Axis.
Portugal is now my ally. They will provide, well, not much. I guess more allies can't hurt, right?
2cbqsX5.jpg

9 September, 1938
An overview of the alliances, and a somewhat disconcerting realization.
Japan is progressing fairly well in China, having formed the puppet nation of Mengkukuo.
The Allies have added Australia, New Zealand, Nationalist China, Xibei San Ma, and Denmark, of all nations.
I suppose that this doesn't really change much, considering that I already have troops on the Danish border.
The Comintern have added Communist China, but that isn't much of a surprise.

It seems that with me adding more members, the other alliances become more and more expansive as well. I will have to be more passive the next time I play.
TxNiy3k.jpg

2 October, 1938
I annex Czechoslovakia fully, and create the puppet state of Slovakia.
I wish I could've given Slovakia to Hungary, but oh well, what can you do?
faG4t3W.jpg

24 October, 1938
I add Nationalist Spain into the Axis. They had won the civil war, and now I think they will provide a valuable second front for France.
Also, Gibraltar could probably be taken now, greatly increasing my chances of controlling to Mediterranean.
IF4rBQ4.jpg

13 December, 1938
A really, really, really bad event has occurred. The USA has been accepted into the Allies.
This is a very bad thing, and a major cause for concern. Hopefully I can still manage to win somehow.
kFkfW1L.jpg

1 January, 1939
I claim Memel off of Lithuania, and they agree (Like they had a choice).
2kAjFHN.jpg

1 January, 1939
I also create the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, wherein I agree to partition Poland.
Of course, the real reason is to keep the Great Bear off my back while I'm busy killing France.
O9qZux6.jpg

11 June, 1939
I have created one final line of troops, and the time is now right for mobilization.
0RimaoX.jpg

Of course, Mobilization can only mean one thing.

War

l51VNeD.jpg

And that is all for this update. I will begin "warring", if you will, next time.
Wish me luck, and I'll see all of you then.

Good to see you already got the AAR up and running. You look good on the diplomatic screen, especially by getting Nationalist Spain as a full- fledged ally. I technically shouldn't say this about the Nazis, but good luck :p .

I liked your aproach, you have one more reader! :)
BTW since you have asked for advice you might want to replace the "Minister of security" by Goebels because he will give you a nice 5% leadership boost (the scarecest "commodity" in-game). Officers are not related to leaders in any way. They (officers) are crittically important in HOI3, try to keep the ratio closer to 200% (140% in newer releases) because your troops will have higher organization; that allows them to fight much longer and attack much sooner between battles.
If you want to add those TDs to your motorized divisions you can do it at any time by merging them if they are in the same province.

Last edited:
You may wish to pick up SF, FTM, and/or TFH; the expansions improve the game vastly while also making it a bit easier to learn. At least that was my experience.

Are you going with the standard strategy, taking down France et. al. before turning East?

Hell yeah it's finally here :D
Well, I promised to help you, so let's get on to it!

I chose Germany, simply because even though it might not be easier than Britain
It is. Much easier. ;)

Neutrality, threat level
This is something you won't have to deal with a lot as Germany, but allow me to explain anyway.
There is a system in HOI3 that only allows you to declare war when the threat of a nation is high enough compared to your neutrality. More precisely, when Threat of target nation towards you + possible bonus for land claims + 20 > neutrality. A high threat level will be caused by deploying units, mobilizing, but primarily by declaring war. When your threat level is high, nations might drift away from your faction, or even declare war on you.
Neutrality can be lowered by selecting the "Lower neutrality" mission, but as Germany this is irrelevant.

New for me is the brigade system that is used in HoI3. I have no idea how powerful, or how useful having multiple brigades is, but whatever. (...) I purchase 12, 2-brigade motorized infantry units

Single brigades do not have any staying power at all against a full division. A typical infantry division is INF-INF-INF-X, with X being a support brigade, usually Artillery. Also, there's a bonus called "Combined Arms", which will give your divisions a combat boost. This bonus will be awarded if you add enough "hard" armoured units with "soft" units so the average "softness" is 33-66%.
You might want to add either 2 TD brigades or an extra MOT brigade to those divisions. 2-brigade units are very underpowered in Europe.
Also, you might want to make some more Medium Armoured (ARM-ARM-MOT-MOT) or Infantry (INF-INF-INF-ART) divisions.

I think diplomacy and espionage are similar now, since I have recognized the DI counter on the top of the screen from HoI1. Next to it is a spy counter. Officers, I don't know what to think of. I guess that it stands for junior officers and NCOs, and such, since there are still generals in the game.
Diplomacy: There is an envelope icon in the resource bar. The number next to it represents the amount of diplo points you have. These are primarily used to trade (3pt per deal) and influence nations (1pt per day? Not sure).
Espionage: Points allocated here spawn spies, which you can deploy in the "Espionage" tab.
Officers: There is a blocked "finish flag" icon in the resource bar. The % next to it represents the amount of officers you have per unit. A ratio above 100% is essential, above 140% is preferred. The officer ratio decides how fast your divisions (re-)gain Organization (which controls how long your units last in combat).

Espionage (...) Not much to say here, except that I don't plan on spending to much time in this place.
You shouldn't. Just make sure you have 10 spies in Germany, and put their mission to preferably Counterespionage.

I don't know how strong my troops at the French border have to be, but I'll just assume that having one infantry unit in each province is good enough.
The French won't attack unless you have a lot of provinces unoccupied. I think this is hard-coded. Usually, you'd want to have 1-2 divisions in a front you want to defend, 2-3 when you attack, and 4-5 in a spearhead. Never stack too many units into one province, though. If you have too many units attacking from/defending one province, you'll get stacking penalties.

Anyways, I solve all of my shortages, and start to stockpile.
You'll most likely start to lose a LOT of convoys right now. Cancel any trades with non-European nations. The USSR is actually a good trade partner right now.

I'm glad that there wasn't a war
Only in the HPP mod war can erupt over Czechoslovakia.

It seems that with me adding more members, the other alliances become more and more expansive as well. I will have to be more passive the next time I play (...) The USA has been accepted into the Allies.
Actually, all these faction expanisons up to the USA are fairly regular. IIRC, faction growth is only dependant on the threat of all factions, and influencing by faction members. Normally, the USA wouldn't be threatened enough by you to be able to join the Allies though. You can check the USA's highest threat in their Diplomacy menu, maybe one of your allies has waged a war too many?

A ratio above 100% is essential, above 140% is preferred. The officer ratio decides how fast your divisions (re-)gain Organization (which controls how long your units last in combat).

IMO the General gave you very good advices :) but unless my memory is terrible, the General made 1 unusual mistake::eek:

IIRC even in vanilla 1.4 officers were "only" good for higher organization and less time between attacks; regaining organization at a faster pace is achieved by doctrine tech advances (ex: Mass Assault). Organization is very important because while engaged in battle your divisions will lose men (strength) and organization each hour. Strength will seldom be a problem so the higher the starting organization the more chances you have to win the battle or at the very least withstand the onslaught (much) longer.

In TFH there is a small chance that the Czechs will fight the Germans but I am not sure that 1.4 was also like this.

Last edited:
You may very well be right about that; I noticed officers had something to do with organization and I thought I read it was the regain rate. The advice is still valid, though: Keep your officer ratio high!

By the way, I have Semper Fi and I have never seen war erupt before Danzig (at least not in my historical games). It's nice that they included that in TFH, though. It gives you more of an incentive to play cautious.

Looks like you did some good work on the diplomatic front! Well, except for Denmark, but that's really not a big deal considering you probably want to eliminate the Danes as soon as possible, anyways, in order to secure control of the Baltic Sea.

Good to see you already got the AAR up and running. You look good on the diplomatic screen, especially by getting Nationalist Spain as a full- fledged ally. I technically shouldn't say this about the Nazis, but good luck :p .
Thanks!
I liked your aproach, you have one more reader! :)
BTW since you have asked for advice you might want to replace the "Minister of security" by Goebels because he will give you a nice 5% leadership boost (the scarecest "commodity" in-game). Officers are not related to leaders in any way. They (officers) are crittically important in HOI3, try to keep the ratio closer to 200% (140% in newer releases) because your troops will have higher organization; that allows them to fight much longer and attack much sooner between battles.
If you want to add those TDs to your motorized divisions you can do it at any time by merging them if they are in the same province.
Oh man, I totally forgot to do that this update. I guess I'll do it next time, if i can remember.
Anyways, thanks for tips on leadership. I've never seen it before, so it is rather confusing to me.
You may wish to pick up SF, FTM, and/or TFH; the expansions improve the game vastly while also making it a bit easier to learn. At least that was my experience.

Are you going with the standard strategy, taking down France et. al. before turning East?
Yeah, probably. I mean, unless something comes up, that's the plan.
Hell yeah it's finally here :D
Well, I promised to help you, so let's get on to it!
Great. I'll be replying to each set of advice individually. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
It is. Much easier. ;)
Good, that's what I figured. Having to concentrate on both land and sea, in your colonies and in Europe, can be a real pain, too.
This is something you won't have to deal with a lot as Germany, but allow me to explain anyway.
There is a system in HOI3 that only allows you to declare war when the threat of a nation is high enough compared to your neutrality. More precisely, when Threat of target nation towards you + possible bonus for land claims + 20 > neutrality. A high threat level will be caused by deploying units, mobilizing, but primarily by declaring war. When your threat level is high, nations might drift away from your faction, or even declare war on you.
Neutrality can be lowered by selecting the "Lower neutrality" mission, but as Germany this is irrelevant.
OK, I guess if I play someone like Spain this might help. Neutrality seems like a real pain. Though, it is nice that you don't get dissent from declaring war.
Single brigades do not have any staying power at all against a full division. A typical infantry division is INF-INF-INF-X, with X being a support brigade, usually Artillery. Also, there's a bonus called "Combined Arms", which will give your divisions a combat boost. This bonus will be awarded if you add enough "hard" armoured units with "soft" units so the average "softness" is 33-66%.
You might want to add either 2 TD brigades or an extra MOT brigade to those divisions. 2-brigade units are very underpowered in Europe.
Also, you might want to make some more Medium Armoured (ARM-ARM-MOT-MOT) or Infantry (INF-INF-INF-ART) divisions.
Hm, I guess combined arms is rather important, then? I liked things better when you could just attach brigades to divisions, but whatever.
Also, I currently have like 0 combined arms divisions, just full infantry and some full motorized. Hopefully things won't turn out that bad...
Diplomacy: There is an envelope icon in the resource bar. The number next to it represents the amount of diplo points you have. These are primarily used to trade (3pt per deal) and influence nations (1pt per day? Not sure).
Espionage: Points allocated here spawn spies, which you can deploy in the "Espionage" tab.
Officers: There is a blocked "finish flag" icon in the resource bar. The % next to it represents the amount of officers you have per unit. A ratio above 100% is essential, above 140% is preferred. The officer ratio decides how fast your divisions (re-)gain Organization (which controls how long your units last in combat).
Yeah, diplomacy is pretty effective in this game, but is sure is costly, it really reminds me of HoI1.
Spies still seem to be the usual, only being helpful in counterespionage. Well, actually I did get some use out of the lower neutrality mission, which really helped to get alliances.
Officers, like I said above, are en enigma to me. I suppose playing several gains will help me gauge their actual effectiveness
You shouldn't. Just make sure you have 10 spies in Germany, and put their mission to preferably Counterespionage.
OK, that's what I figured. Just like in HoI2.
The French won't attack unless you have a lot of provinces unoccupied. I think this is hard-coded. Usually, you'd want to have 1-2 divisions in a front you want to defend, 2-3 when you attack, and 4-5 in a spearhead. Never stack too many units into one province, though. If you have too many units attacking from/defending one province, you'll get stacking penalties.
How bad is stacking? I hope it's not too bad, since some of my troops in Poland have become grouped together in a giant mass.
You'll most likely start to lose a LOT of convoys right now. Cancel any trades with non-European nations. The USSR is actually a good trade partner right now.
Eh, it's not like I have any convoys going anywhere. Once I get Danzig, I'll be connected to Prussia.
HPP mod? Whatever, as long as I don't have to worry about those treacherous Czechoslovaks.
Actually, all these faction expanisons up to the USA are fairly regular. IIRC, faction growth is only dependant on the threat of all factions, and influencing by faction members. Normally, the USA wouldn't be threatened enough by you to be able to join the Allies though. You can check the USA's highest threat in their Diplomacy menu, maybe one of your allies has waged a war too many?
Hm. I don't know why they joined the allies this early, but I must have done something. Oh well, what's done is done.
IMO the General gave you very good advices :) but unless my memory is terrible, the General made 1 unusual mistake::eek:

IIRC even in vanilla 1.4 officers were "only" good for higher organization and less time between attacks; regaining organization at a faster pace is achieved by doctrine tech advances (ex: Mass Assault). Organization is very important because while engaged in battle your divisions will lose men (strength) and organization each hour. Strength will seldom be a problem so the higher the starting organization the more chances you have to win the battle or at the very least withstand the onslaught (much) longer.

In TFH there is a small chance that the Czechs will fight the Germans but I am not sure that 1.4 was also like this.
OK, that makes officers seem much, much less important. Thanks for the advice.
I think that since the time between attacks is mostly used up while marching to the province, the only real use is the higher org.
Regaining org is much more valuable though, so I think I might stop investing so much in officers, next update.
You may very well be right about that; I noticed officers had something to do with organization and I thought I read it was the regain rate. The advice is still valid, though: Keep your officer ratio high!

By the way, I have Semper Fi and I have never seen war erupt before Danzig (at least not in my historical games). It's nice that they included that in TFH, though. It gives you more of an incentive to play cautious.
OK, but I don't think it need to be over 150. I just don't feel that they are more important than tech. Anyways, I guess HoI3 is a little more historical. Fine by me, I suppose.
Looks like you did some good work on the diplomatic front! Well, except for Denmark, but that's really not a big deal considering you probably want to eliminate the Danes as soon as possible, anyways, in order to secure control of the Baltic Sea.
Yeah, having Brits land in Prussia when all of your troops are in France is a real killer. I need to get them off of my back, and the only real way to do that is by conquering Denmark.

Thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate it, and it does help me a lot.
Update in a few.

How to Be Mediocre at Hearts of Iron III Part 3

Greetings, readers. Time for another update. Sorry I didn't update during the week, but I was pretty busy.
I think I'll only update on the weekdays if I happen to have the time for it. Otherwise, updates are gonna be on the weekends.

Anyways, when I ended things last time, we had just attacked Poland. Let's begin.

11 June, 1939
I have just declared war. Here's a map of my nearby enemies.
They are: Ireland, UK, France, Poland, Denmark, and Finland.
Xo0L0oW.jpg

Now, I descend onto the battlefield to appraise the situation.

... The border with France is almost completely empty.
What.

I have no idea why this is, but I'm not complaining, that's for sure.
agVcIFr.jpg

12 June, 1939
Sweden joins the allies. Way to be historically neutral, pal.
OWAlgIQ.jpg

14 June, 1939
Belgium joins the allies. Nothing changes, since I already have troops at their border.
I'm not attacking them right now, though. I don't want to get overextended.
IhTAUvy.jpg

19 June, 1939
I have much pretty much the entire Polish front one province East. Works for me, I'm not trying to destroy armies here.
I just need to capture their key territories.
gQFXoKr.jpg

As Poland start moving troops from their Hungarian border to mine, I take advantage and call in the Hungarians.
I have started advancing to the South of France, but I don't have enough troops to break all the way out.
I will have to settle for the long fight, until Poland falls.
za4hAZD.jpg

I have landed on the first Danish island, and I am pushing them up the Jutland peninsula.
They cannot hope to last much longer.
1oQgLmu.jpg

In Asia, Japan has almost conquered all of China. They just need a little bit more time, and I think they'll manage it.
mTnPfzX.jpg

23 June, 1939
I win a major battle against France in St-Die.
This cuts off one of their regiments. Eventually I'll isolate them enough to starve them into surrender.
gkN4OKN.jpg

25 June, 1939
Canada joins the allies. Surprise. Not.
France has moved troops in from the Italian border. My Southern route is cut off.
fa9xSt9.jpg

26 June, 1939
Denmark is progressing well, but I have lost almost my entire navy while trying to protect my troops.
Oh well, it's not like I actually have anything important in my fleet, anyways.
PBzwbCL.jpg

29 June, 1939
France is progressing quite nicely, but they are threatening to break their men out of by attacking my weakened troops.
wm6vZej.jpg

Poland is being conquered, easily.
My only real concern is that they have started to conquer Prussia, but i think I've stopped them
od9Pp0l.jpg

The Kriegsmarine is finished. However, the same can basically be said about Denmark.
Soon, I will control the Baltic (Except for Sweden, but whatever).
dPUM2MN.jpg

OK, that's all for this time.
I haven't had much time pass at all in this. I'll probably take less screenshots once I don't have 3 fronts to fight

Thanks for reading, I'll see all of you next time.

Good advances by both you and Japan. What do you plan to do after the defeat of France and Poland?

Wow, so much for the Maginot Line! Those impressive fortifications don't help much when you don't have any troops manning them!

Pretty embarrassing AI blunder, to be honest. I'm sure you'll take it, though. :)