• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hay Poland took your provinces. This calls for a devious plan:ninja:
There days are numbered.:huh:

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 3​

Well well well, what do we have here? Another update? Let's jump right in!
First up, a screenshot of the Timurid war. I've gotten one province so far, and I also have changed my current mission, which is to convert a province.
qUXXv.jpg

Next, I lose 2(!) of my 10,000 man armies, leaving with just one left. I do get some war subsidies, but I also get a regency council and a stability loss...
ISOMv.jpg

I then get peace with the Timurids, considering I'm about to be slaughtered. I make them release Iraq. This splits their nation in half, which will make the next war very simple.
Fu55v.jpg

Also, my regency council lasted a grand total of 1 month and 2 days. My new ruler isn't very good though, and his heir ain't much better.
RnHdP.jpg

After this, I have to make a choice between my ally HRE Bohemia, or my ally Austria. I choose Bohemia, for obvious reasons.
ppNDh.jpg

I then make a move towards towards quality. In hindsight, I probably should have gone innovative, but what can you do?
XQmwE.jpg

After that, I get peace from that war with Austria. I take this opportunity to rid them of my core there.
LbPeE.jpg

After that, I complete my mission, and get a new one to vassalize Byzantium.
Hqnc2.jpg

Next up is another round with the Timurids. Hopefully this time I won't lost two armies.
t997x.jpg

My first province defection of the war is kind of a sneak move, but I still get a province, so who cares?
hTW3Z.jpg

After that, I gain another province. Also shown is the healthy extent of my empire.
275Qw.jpg

Next up, I accidentally take a loan. I suppose it's worth, considering that I'll need it to send a bunch of colonists out.
HeLIg.jpg

Next up, I take another questionable move towards quality. Oh why am I so mediocre?! Wwwwhyyyyyyy!!!!!
T7fuO.jpg

No one knows why, apparently, but I do get two more provinces, and a king to boot!
CCbGD.jpg

I repay my loan a short time later. My economy is actually doing well this game!
vteCc.jpg

After totally forgetting about my mission, and losing my casus belli, I receive a different one instead. I suppose 4 infamy is worth vassalizing the Byzantines.
kPpTU.jpg

After vassalizing them, I finish my mission. My new one is to Get Yazgod, in Asia Minor.
1RuXR.jpg

I declare 2 wars, to take my core in Anatolia, and to conquer Candar/Yazgod.
hQtBE.jpg

A short time later, I get 4 new provinces.
acvZ9.jpg

Until next time...​

Good work! keep building up your powerbase.:happy:
Looks like France is almost consolidated.
Poland is eating the Golden horde.:huh:
What are troop totals and map please.

I've never played as Hungary. Which tech group are you in?

So while you expand into Asia Minor, Poland expands into the Golden Horde. Honestly, a war now wouldn't be too bad with your ally Bohemia, I think. And especially soon before they get too large.

In less than 50 years you have wiped out the Ottomans from the face of the earth.
If you would have told this after battle of Mohacs you would have been declared mad. In less than 3 hours one of the biggest armies in Europe was annihilated including its king by the Ottoman forces. Hungary became a vassal of the Ottomans..

Last edited:
Good work! keep building up your powerbase.:happy:
Looks like France is almost consolidated.
Poland is eating the Golden horde.:huh:
What are troop totals and map please.
Well, I can't show you a map, but my troop totals at that time were 2 12,000-man armies. Consisting of 4k cavalry, and 8k infantry. The most troops for one nation is probably the current HRE, which I think is Bohemia.
I've never played as Hungary. Which tech group are you in?
I am in the Eastern Europe tech group, I believe. Hungary is a fun country. You should try it!
So while you expand into Asia Minor, Poland expands into the Golden Horde. Honestly, a war now wouldn't be too bad with your ally Bohemia, I think. And especially soon before they get too large.
Hehe, yeah, about that... I kinda didn't want to fight Poland with just 24,000 troops.
In less than 50 years you have wiped out the Ottomans from the face of the earth.
If you would have told this after battle of Mohacs you would have been declared mad. In less than 3 hours one of the biggest armies in Europe was annihilated including its king by the Ottoman forces. Hungary became a vassal of the Ottomans..
Looked that battle up, and wow. That's a pretty bad battle. Tis quite nice destroying the Ottoman scum!

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 4​

Hey there guys, and welcome to the next update. This update will be a bit shorter than the previous one, because I've playing Team Fortress 2 a lot lately.(Not to mention doing brony things). But anyways, let's get started.

After winning my last war, I receiver a new mission: Vassalize Styria. I think I'll actually try and do this one peacefully, because their protected by Bohemia AND Austria.
hT28O.jpg

After getting called into a war, my allies occupy all of Brandenburg. Wonderfully, I was the war leader, so I take advantage and vassalize them. I mean, why not?
zCUZU.jpg

I take 2 more Timurid provinces through defections, and then proceed to attack Georgia with a holy war. Easy picking!
RkIm5.jpg

I am finally at peace with the Timurids, and I also annex Georgia.
Meanwhile, Qara Koyunlu and Kazan appear at my borders.
oYiKe.jpg

I go another move towards innovative, just for fun.
q3Zw6.jpg

After that, I attack Persia with a holy war. Should be an easy war, right?
r0vJ0.jpg

Yep, another easy war. Syria is reduced to one province.
I also get peace with the hordes at some point.
elac9.jpg

And now, something tat is really disturbing and disgusting.
Poland is somehow easting all of my vassals, who for some reason are not my vassals anymore. WTF?!
VZgGz.jpg

I finish vassalizing Styria, and I receive a new(not really) mission, to build a fleet.
TYld6.jpg

Soon after, I get into another war with the hordes. I am forced to give tribute to Qara Koyunlu, because they are killing my armies really easily for some reason.
imtkC.jpg

After that, I attack the newly-revolted Moldavia with the holy war casus belli. Also note the Castille near them as well.
auY0y.jpg

After that, I annex them. Surprise!
YVTED.jpg

And that, my friends, is all for this update. Maybe I'll update tomorrow because it's a holiday. But anyways...
until next time..

Not sure what's going on with Poland, but did you remember to sign an alliance with your vassals? You do have to do that manually. Even so, I'd report the Poland thing as a bug.

Mohács... that was a brave but hopeless movement - fighting against professional Ottoman army that consisted many guns with poorly led militia and selfish knights... at least at Eger Hungary took a revenge.
;)

now putting away this friendly rivalry between Hungary and Turkey and getting back on topic :):

I'm surprised that the hordes performed so badly - Poland drove back the GH quite easily. it is not very common to see that before 1500 or so. missions are still friendly towards you. that and using the Holy War CB you can build up your empire really fast!

Nice move, splitting the Timurids in two.
I wouldn't consider the Hordes finished yet, there seems to be a big nasty Kazan at the border.
Big map please ?

What happened to Poland? In 1475 they were your biggest rivals and then in 1480 they'd been halved in size. Good time to attack them :ninja: as their armies will be easily beatable :happy:

Next moves (?):
- Annex Bosnia and Serbia (border improving to make it look good).
- Diploannex Byz to get bosphorus sound toll.
- March north and NE eating Poland and joining Hungarian-Georgia with Hungary-proper (I'd not attack Castille until they're at war with another power (ie Portugal or France), or attack with spies :ninja:).
- Remove Morea and [SUB]¡¡[/SUB]Turkish!! Epirus from the map.
- Ally all vassals!

This AAR is so mediocre.Following.

Also,as said before,ally with your vassals.

Suggest you diploannex Byzantium ASAP so you have a land connection to your new Syrian provinces.

That was a weird thing with Poland.
*steals advice* Thanks, I'll just be taking this!
Not sure what's going on with Poland, but did you remember to sign an alliance with your vassals? You do have to do that manually. Even so, I'd report the Poland thing as a bug.
I know that I as allied with them for sure. I really have no idea why this happened.
Mohács... that was a brave but hopeless movement - fighting against professional Ottoman army that consisted many guns with poorly led militia and selfish knights... at least at Eger Hungary took a revenge.
;)

now putting away this friendly rivalry between Hungary and Turkey and getting back on topic :):

I'm surprised that the hordes performed so badly - Poland drove back the GH quite easily. it is not very common to see that before 1500 or so. missions are still friendly towards you. that and using the Holy War CB you can build up your empire really fast!
Yep. I think the hordes are on the down, but Kazan, Qara Koyunlu, and the Timurids are still strong.
Nice move, splitting the Timurids in two.
I wouldn't consider the Hordes finished yet, there seems to be a big nasty Kazan at the border.
Big map please ?
Yep, exactly right! Also, maybe I'll put in a map after this next update.
You need to ally those vassals.

And it looks like bohemia is eating up Austria. Now its time to STRIKE
Nope, no eating for now, well, except for Poland, but they don't count!
Need to teach poland a lesson:D
Good luck!
I think I'll just let Bohemia handle that... And thanks!
What happened to Poland? In 1475 they were your biggest rivals and then in 1480 they'd been halved in size. Good time to attack them :ninja: as their armies will be easily beatable :happy:

Next moves (?):
- Annex Bosnia and Serbia (border improving to make it look good).
- Diploannex Byz to get bosphorus sound toll.
- March north and NE eating Poland and joining Hungarian-Georgia with Hungary-proper (I'd not attack Castille until they're at war with another power (ie Portugal or France), or attack with spies :ninja:).
- Remove Morea and [SUB]¡¡[/SUB]Turkish!! Epirus from the map.
- Ally all vassals!
Well, I've followed two of your steps to success, so hopefully that'll be enough!
This AAR is so mediocre.Following.

Also,as said before,ally with your vassals.
Awesome! Remember, "If thou art not mediocre, thou art a villain." -Shakespeare.

It's a real quote.
Really!