• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiberiusX

Field Marshal
87 Badges
Feb 5, 2011
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
Imagine PDS announces Vicky 3. All the dev diaries leading up to release lead you to believe that Vicky 3 1.0 will pick up where Vicky 2 3.04 leaves off(with all the economic and political complexity), with obvious improvements to GUI, diplomacy, graphics etc. that have become standard in other PDS titles.

How much would this gem be worth to you?

What features/improvements would tempt you to pre-order?

I can say I would pay $60, easily. If the dev diaries looked good, I would pre-order, even with knowing that recent PDS 1.0's have been hit or miss.

Reactions:
It would depend on what they keep/scrap from Vic 2 and what they add. If they keep the sphere/influence anything close to what it currently is $.10 would probably be the max...

Reactions:
I would pay $40 plus whatever extra nubbins come with pre-order. Despite usually not being a huge advocate for pre-order, I've spent enough time with PDX titles to know I will get my money's worth.

Plus when you have a job and the only games you play are usually PDX titles, that definitely helps with determining buying the extra super special edition

Reactions:
I'd pay up to $60 for a true successor.

Reactions:
If they make it 100% awesome up to 50 euro, but for something similar not more than 30 euro, anything worse 15 euro max.

Reactions:
Well if it's was looking good enough id probably pay £40 max. Not sure about preorder after stellaris and hoi4....

EUIV launch was no less troublesome. 1.0 was pretty good, but from 1.1 until Art of War was released, the game was a complete mess. I don't care to revisit all the issued EUIV had. Like I said though, even knowing that, and Stellaris/HOI4, the fun I've had playing VIcky over the past couple of years has eclipsed any downside to these other games. I would happily trudge through the hypothetical bad months of a Vicky 3 launch to try to help make the game a success. It's that good of a franchise IMHO.

Basically, the other PDS games are fun, but I don't really love them. Vicky is a work of art that I have an intangible attraction to. Shameless self quote:

So basically:

If CKII were a girl, she would be fun, somewhat attractive, but would become needy after a few months.
If EUIV were a girl, she would be sexy, but kind of stick in the mud, you might consider a serious relationship, only to find out she is kind of shallow and has multiple personality disorder.
If Civ 5 were a girl, she would be a super model, and would toy with you, and when you finally get her in bed you find out she's into BDSM, and she is always the dominant.
Vicky 2 is the cute girl, with with a fun, deep personality. She has a few quirks, but they are quirks you learn to love. Vicky 2 is the girl you marry.

Reactions:
i'd pay the regular $40. i'd love to see what timeline extensions and african and chinese enhancements could happen, especially with the precedents set by EU4.

Reactions:
Id like changes to the Great 8, Secondary 8, and their spheres of influence. Spheres or non spheres should still be able to DoW other spheres without the great 8 always sticking their nose into it.

The only time the Great 8 should get involved is if a Great Power is the one who DoW on the sphere country.

If they fix that and keep the depth of Vic2 economy (improving it as well), keep the Crises/World events, add more "flavor" events for nations. Id say it would easily be worth $50.

However if they continue on their path of simplicity and making the game more casual (Flashy Looks > Depth/Complexity) then ill pass.

Reactions:
$0

Vicky era is boring to me.

13900328_1238271419559190_5616238684896365599_n.jpg

Reactions:
$40: thats the standard price, and I would accept nothing higher, even if I have assurances that it is chosen one to bring gamers to the promised land.

Reactions:
I would pay the asking price, more likely than not. Probably pre-order the most expensive edition as well. I am so invested in the period, and games set to it are so few, that it is pretty much an imperative. In the case of Victoria 3 I would also purchase the DLC on release, which is something otherwise do not do.

I am easy to please, and the room for improvement on Victoria 2 is so vast that they cannot possibly fail to deliver a superior product.

Reactions:
I'd pay a full $65 if the game had a reasonable amount of bugs and didn't need 2 years of fixing to be as playable as Vic 2 is now.

If they release it in a similar shape as HOI4 or any of EU4's expansions, I wouldn't pay more than $35 for the game. Hopefully the DLC policy wouldn't be as terrible as CK2's or as buggy as EU4's.

Reactions:
I would pay $4 per month during at least two years, with access to DLCs included in the suscription.
I prefer the suscription/service model over the purchase/product model for all kinds of software. Like dropbox, netflix or spotify.

Reactions:
It depends on a lot of things, 30 euro or dollars would be if I expected to be disappointed, 120 if everything looked perfect and you got physical goodies like planning maps and era appropriate swag.

Imagine PDS announces Vicky 3. All the dev diaries leading up to release lead you to believe that Vicky 3 1.0 will pick up where Vicky 2 3.04 leaves off(with all the economic and political complexity), with obvious improvements to GUI, diplomacy, graphics etc. that have become standard in other PDS titles.

How much would this gem be worth to you?

What features/improvements would tempt you to pre-order?

I can say I would pay $60, easily. If the dev diaries looked good, I would pre-order, even with knowing that recent PDS 1.0's have been hit or miss.

If it attempts to be a real sequel to Vicky I would be interested. If it's a slimmed and simplified version I wouldn't bother.

After stellaris I have returned to not preordering anything. I was foolish to break my habit and preorder stellaris, I based my decision on the streams. But it turned out that despite watching hours of gameplay, it really didn't reveal all the really deep problems stellaris has. I was deeply disappointed by stellaris, although it was only 40 dollars at least.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.