• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's a much smaller update than I thought it would be, but I'm sure the extreme amount of detail put in by the SWMH team will make it feel much larger. After this update, is it possible there will be another expansion in the far future?

It's a much smaller update than I thought it would be, but I'm sure the extreme amount of detail put in by the SWMH team will make it feel much larger. After this update, is it possible there will be another expansion in the far future?
It's really hard to speak about far future. The expansion into Persia and Central Asia was planned already long before RoI was even announced. With this expansion we will add what we planned prior to RoI. Then the DLC came out and we had to deal with really hard decision: many people already complained that our mod was too performance heavy. Then there were many people demanding not to include the subcontinent, while another group was demanding to add it as a whole.

Now, to speak just for myself. If it was only my own mod, I wouldn't add India at all. Adding Rajasthan is IMO a good compromise, as it was probably the only region which was in contact with regions in contact with catholic Europe. Adding Rajasthan, OTOH, makes the same sense like adding Sahara and Sahel as regions, which were raided by the muslims, so it is IMO justifiable and OK. With other regions of India it is not. I don't think going farther south in Africa would be considered as good decision and that's what I think about going further east in India.

I can't rule out anything about far future, but I don't see any big excitement about adding any part of India ATM. As I see it it is something we feel to be obliged to add for those who bought RoI, but (IMO) none of us is particulary interested and doesn't feel India should be in SWMH. Unless this heavily changes sometime in future, I wouldn't be expecting any further expansion in India.

Also, my personal feeling is that India will soon be much less trendy in CK2 then it is now, with vey few players being really interested in playing it. So, by the time we finnish any reasonable expansion (in which we are not really interested and with which we don't really afree), the only real argument for inclusion of India (the players's demand) will pass out aswell. Frankly, IMHO, I think it would be waste of our time and potential to add more of India than we do now.

We know that many will not understand it and will disagree with it. But at the same time, there are the same many who disagree with addition of any part of India. We can't and frankly we don't even want to make everyone happy. Please note that we are doning this in our free time and it means hundreds or probably thousands of hours of our free time each of us has spent on this mod. Nobody has the right to demand us to spend our free time on something we are not interested in.

If you want India, you can always do submod of SWMH. With even Rajasthan we are going farther than we want.

Last edited:
I understand. With the amount of work involved, I never really expected India to be included at all. As long as we're talking about future updates, however, are there any other parts of mainland Europe currently being revamped? I think the mod is pretty complete as it is, but as a player with no performance issues I can only want more and more. lol SWMH is by far my favorite map, and anything else pales in comparison to it's accuracy and depth.

I like having Rajasthan--it's a good natural border for an expanding Persia or Seljuk. I am much more excited about the expansion into Central Asia, though. 'Ilkhanate' and 'Golden Horde' just don't get a big enough font on the old map, y'know?

Is peninsular Arabia going to be redone in an upcoming release?
This continues my questions. Other that anything Indian related, what other areas are getting some love focused on them by the SWMH team? Arabia seems like a great start, and there are a few others that good use a good revamp. Not that they aren't very well done already.

I understand. With the amount of work involved, I never really expected India to be included at all. As long as we're talking about future updates, however, are there any other parts of mainland Europe currently being revamped?
Yes, there are. More than one.
but that's rather a point for SWMH general discussion

Is peninsular Arabia going to be redone in an upcoming release?

I will be redone and it is pretty high on the to-do list. But whether it is in the next overhaul or the one after that is too early to tell.
The work on Arabia has in fact already started prior to RoI and the basic framework is done, but theactual work had to be postponed due to India.
What else except India is going to be added in the next release? I know about Iran, but what about Anatolia or Transoxiana?
Transoxiana is part of Central Asia. All between Khuzestan and gates of Jungaria is getting the care it deserves.

Transoxiana is part of Central Asia. All between Khuzestan and gates of Jungaria is getting the care it deserves.
It might just be the angle of the image, but it looks to me like the eastern half of the Tarim Basin has been cut off.

It might just be the angle of the image, but it looks to me like the eastern half of the Tarim Basin has been cut off.
Some parts of it are far to east to make it to the map. As I know it, the CK2 map needs to meet some criteria and you simply can not set the width of the map as you want.
In the end there were only two solutions: either to have vast areas of wasteland in the map, or cut 3 cities off the map.
I'm not saing it's perfect but the best possible solution.

Yes, there are. More than one.
but that's rather a point for SWMH general discussion

The work on Arabia has in fact already started prior to RoI and the basic framework is done, but theactual work had to be postponed due to India.

Research on Arabia is of course work too. Silly me :laugh:

If someone makes a submod with India I have a suggestion: make it as a separate map, thus the game would not slow down.