How long should I wait to ask about Eldritch Realms?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I’m still thinking it would be a good idea for the expansion to add a “Cultist” culture.

Working off the lore, and the precedent set by the Primal culture’s spirit animals, the Cultists would worship one of the Endalion (Eldritch embodiments of magic, for those not in the know), which determines their affinity, and a few abilities.
I was thinking the Dark/Astral culture would be "Occult". Though could be neat for them to be Shadow (base affinity) and the other affinity based on their chosen Endalion's affinity and along with other perks, like you said.

I’m still thinking it would be a good idea for the expansion to add a “Cultist” culture.

Working off the lore, and the precedent set by the Primal culture’s spirit animals, the Cultists would worship one of the Endalion (Eldritch embodiments of magic, for those not in the know), which determines their affinity, and a few abilities.
So I don't really think we're getting a new culture, although I'm in the opinion that ending a DLC pass (and potentially the game's DLC dev cycle, although hopefully there's plenty more to come) with a DLC without a new culture would feel weird, especially since the previous 2 DLCs (one of which was €10) included one. If they were to add one, I would totally support your Cultist idea, even if I also hope to see some standard, fixed-affinity cultures in the future.

I was thinking the Dark/Astral culture would be "Occult". Though could be neat for them to be Shadow (base affinity) and the other affinity based on their chosen Endalion's affinity and along with other perks, like you said.
Based on the lore, I think it's more likely my concept would work out as being pure [Insert Endalion affinity here]. I'd hardly be opposed to hybrid affinities based on the being of worship, though. In another thread, which I made before learning the Endalion lore, I suggested some other beings to worship such as an Astral Spirit (Pure Astral), Eldritch Horror (Shadow/Astral), Shadow Demon (Shadow/Chaos), and an Archfiend (Pure Chaos).

So I don't really think we're getting a new culture, although I'm in the opinion that ending a DLC pass (and potentially the game's DLC dev cycle, although hopefully there's plenty more to come) with a DLC without a new culture would feel weird, especially since the previous 2 DLCs (one of which was €10) included one. If they were to add one, I would totally support your Cultist idea, even if I also hope to see some standard, fixed-affinity cultures in the future.
The current Eldritch Realms description doesn't specify us getting a new culture, but Empires and Ashes also didn't say we would be getting new forms. And yet, we've gotten Avians. So, we can't necessarily discount the possibility of a new culture. (Especially given that that Eldritch Realms is an actual expansion, like Empires and Ashes. Dragon Dawn and Primal Fury were simply content packs.)

I'd like a restart button and a better balanced underground and I hope for some more 'sea based' things; magical materials, wonders, (a floating citadel on top of a giant elder Nimu...)

Reactions:
I'd like a restart button and a better balanced underground and I hope for some more 'sea based' things; magical materials, wonders, (a floating citadel on top of a giant elder Nimu...)
Floating citadel? like having cities floating in the sky? I would love that, it would add a third layer of gameplay in the skies, but it would mean much development

That would be neat, but... how would they even be implemented within this game's race system, seeing as Archons already look like humans?

Three Posibilities:

1) They redesign the Archons to look less like humans and reveal that as the "true" appearance of the Archons. Not anything crazy but a humanoid form that looks more different from humans than they did in the older titles.
2) They give us more customization options for the basegame forms and we can make the humanoid form look like the Archons did in the older titles.
3) They're gonna just introduce them as pre-made factions built using the humanoid form, without any additional customization.

• 1Like
Reactions: