• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Its great, but you should download the demo and see for yourself to get a really good idea. ALso helps you know whether your computer will handle it or not.

Actually it's my favorite computer game since EUII, and I think the best Civil War game ever, period. But I have to ask jmartin, how you found this thread? :p BraveSirRobin hasn't logged in since November.

An excellent game and a must have for any ACW gaming veteran.

Hajji Giray I said:
Actually it's my favorite computer game since EUII, and I think the best Civil War game ever, period. But I have to ask jmartin, how you found this thread? :p BraveSirRobin hasn't logged in since November.
Heh. Nothing wrong in plugging this game some more. It's perhaps the best game I've ever bought and deserves all the attention it can get. I was sad to hear the title hadn't been a success.

I think the main reason it didn't sell all that well is because people misstake the game for catering to civil war buffs only. I'm not even remotely interested in the period but I still found the game immensly captivating.

If I had one wish it would be that Paradox sinks some of all that eu3 money into Mad Minute Games to help them produce another gem like this!

indeed - I support that TC2M is one of the best games I ever played (and I'm a veteran). It made my personal top 5 of best computer games played ever. It's really weird to see that so few people actually bought the game !

The most splendid moment in this game (as the confederacy) is where the Union makes the last charge on the RR-bank and I had the Stonewall brigade counterattack on the Unions left flank and routing them ... and then bending my flank around the Union center, the Union trying to break trough my center. I must say, when those Iron brigade guys are running back to the woods - something says "this is what dreams are made of" ... altough the Stonewall brigade also routs, the Confederate center is virtual intact - with Early's brigade eager to fight one more battle ! :D

splendid, :) :cool:

Excellent Game !!

I recommend you this game. It´s great !! :cool: A clear "MUST HAVE" if you enjoy strategy games.

Kind regards!

BraveSirRobin said:
Is this game any good? theres no campain map like in tw games is there? plus no system req. posts, is this game able to be played on lesser preforming pcs?

It' doesn't have a MPer feature and I think that hurt it's sales pretty bad. It's got too many artillery pieces vs infantry. They shoulda put more infantry units in instead of all those paultry useless artillery pieces that are so easy to overrun in the first place. This game needs to join up with the makers of AgeodCW or Forge of Freedom developers and make a grand scale civil wargame with turn based strategy and this engine to do the combat with. Or make their own civil war game using this engine for the combat. Then I think it would go over bigtime like RTW or MTW2. Well and if they include MPer also.

Oh and it's not to say this game is bad or anything like that. It's quite good for what little it does give you to play with. It just feels half done more or less compared to most other games out there these days. I definitely like playing it from time to time, but, I could see this being the TW of civil war games with a good campaign game to go alone with the combat engine.

I understand you can give the AI command of your subordinates, but can you let the AI take control of the hierarchy above you?

It seems this game is one massive battle and I'd prefer to start slow, controlling smaller forces, like in the tutorials, while letting the AI take command of everything else.

You can start with as little as a cavalry troop, and the commanders will give you orders -- which you have to execute according to your own best judgment.

I remember a game in which I commanded a little Union regiment and was posted in the woods by a side road. The battle developed in the open field within eyeshot. The Union was clearly getting the worst of it and I kept wondering if I shouldn't rush to their aid. But I decided I had better obey orders and just keep my position. Lo and behold, after a while, A. P. Hill's men came down that road, flanking the Union position. Only my unit stood in their way. They way outnumbered me, but my men were in a good defensive position. We slowly had to give ground, and were almost wiped out, but we succeeded in keeping Hill out of the battle.

I find I like to play middling-sized units, so I have a little cavalry and artillery to work with, but not overwhelming like trying to manage the whole battle. But the ability to play different levels as well as different sides, and in both scenario and open play, makes for near infinite replayability. In addition, modders have created additional maps, orders of battle, and so forth.