• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Historically people have piloted ships?

Maybe we should wait for an official announcement...

Google be thy friend:

Paradox Interactive has announced Ship Simulator Extremes, the next installment of the Ship Simulator Series. Created by Dutch game developer VSTEP, Ship Simulator Extremes gives players the opportunity to take on exciting missions all over the world as they captain an impressive array of vessels and live the story of real ship captains.

Key features:

* Wide range of vessels to control, including hovercrafts, coast guard interceptors, mammoth tankers, tugs, cruise liners, and many others.
* Includes exciting storylines and missions all over the world.
* From the very hot to the very cold, sail to the most enchanted regions of the world. Explore the Antarctic or take in beautiful Bora Bora. Includes famous harbours and locations worldwide.
* Official Greenpeace license : sail famous Greenpeace ships and take on ecological missions based on real events!
* Realistic water & weather system. Sail a calm sea or take on the most extreme conditions ever witnessed at sea.
* Online Multiplayer mode. Sail online with your friends and take part in cooperative missions and community events.

Ship Simulator Extremes is scheduled for release in Q1 2010 and will be officially introduced to world press at the Gamescom 2009 in Cologne.

link

Maybe we can pilot the Proba Koala, Exxon Valdes, Prestige, or Titanic!
And isn't the Deepwater Horizon technically a 'ship'?

The game might even feature Somali pirates :cool:

How does this fit the "Historical games" forum? When this games writes the future history of simulation games, you will understand that no other game fits this forum more then this one B)

And best of luck to them!

I'd like to have a chance to pilot a BP oil platform. It seems to be quite a challenge. :)

Honestly, I was a bit interested when I started reading the description Teurlinx posted..until I got to this part:

'Official Greenpeace license : sail famous Greenpeace ships and take on ecological missions based on real events!'

That's just disturbing.

Honestly, I was a bit interested when I started reading the description Teurlinx posted..until I got to this part:

'Official Greenpeace license : sail famous Greenpeace ships and take on ecological missions based on real events!'

That's just disturbing.

There's still hope that you can play those missions from the whaler's perspective where you can ram / harpoon their fancy brand-new high-tech ship.

It's the Extreme edition after all!

There's still hope that you can play those missions from the whaler's perspective where you can ram / harpoon their fancy brand-new high-tech ship.

Actually i wish you could play as the righteous DGSE and sink the rainbow warrior in true call of duty Modern Warfare style.:D
EDIT: And then run for presidency in France! Or use your sister for that.

Well, you'll probably have to be the Greenpeace boat and ram the whalers till you sink :rofl:

It does not fit very well in this category, but even less in the other ones. I think I'm going to put in in 'Other' instead. Where is that you say? Well, it does not exist yet!

That's just disturbing.
What's so bad about green peace here? What the wailing companies are doing is disgusting and green-peace are right in protesting against it. How about considering each action of the organization from a neutral perspective, instead of immediately jumping on the "haters band-wagon" next time. Hm?

Any way, this is off topic. The game seems nice. :)