• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I feel like many of the new things added to EU4 recently have been poorly implemented fluff that was meant for MP, not SP.

The AI goes bankrupt because of useless naval buildings.

Marines.

Expel minorities.

Hegemons.

Curia Treasury.

HRE decentralized option is trash. Revoke Privilegia should probably be moved to decentralized.

Played three games until the late 1700s and not once did the Revolution manage to take control before fizzling out, so I have no idea if the Revolutionary features are any good.

Coalition wars could probably use a bit of a re-work; make fighting them high-risk but also high reward if you break a coalition.

There's also a lot of little issues too that could be cleaned up.

For instance, the canals could have fixed up event chains and actually give a meaningful buff.

Light ships should be able to actually fight instead of getting stack-wiped before being able to get into port.

With the new patch, Ming seems to be at 0 mandate all the time.

Trade companies make for a lot of very tiresome clicking and the investments only become worth it when you're already rolling in ducats.

There seems to be a huge fixation on increasing map granularity (increasing number of provinces and cultural groups) but not enough fixation on making existing features meaningful. I'm pretty disappointed with Emperor.

I feel like many of the new things added to EU4 recently have been poorly implemented fluff that was meant for MP, not SP.

The AI goes bankrupt because of useless naval buildings.

Marines.

Expel minorities.

Hegemons.

Curia Treasury.

HRE decentralized option is trash. Revoke Privilegia should probably be moved to decentralized.

Played three games until the late 1700s and not once did the Revolution manage to take control before fizzling out, so I have no idea if the Revolutionary features are any good.

Coalition wars could probably use a bit of a re-work; make fighting them high-risk but also high reward if you break a coalition.

There's also a lot of little issues too that could be cleaned up.

For instance, the canals could have fixed up event chains and actually give a meaningful buff.

Light ships should be able to actually fight instead of getting stack-wiped before being able to get into port.

With the new patch, Ming seems to be at 0 mandate all the time.

Trade companies make for a lot of very tiresome clicking and the investments only become worth it when you're already rolling in ducats.

There seems to be a huge fixation on increasing map granularity (increasing number of provinces and cultural groups) but not enough fixation on making existing features meaningful. I'm pretty disappointed with Emperor.

And that is exactly how the dev's of EU4 design EU4 features. With primarily MP in mind with SP being just an after thought. All tweaks and mechanics since for a long time have had their justification to exist because of someone pulling off something in a MP dev clash.

I guess it's just how they see EU4, a MP competitive map painter primarily with tacked on AI (if it works, which mostly it doesn't so, take your pick)

Reactions: