• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

J4ndy

Recruit
Jan 8, 2022
Can't make much sense of how the fuel is calculated. The description seems to indicate L/pax/100km but can't make any sense of the numbers as they don't seem to match up proportionally to the passengers on a flight ‍♂️

Ok so figured it out

Reason I was stuck before is because I was trying to work it out but wasn't considering that some flights weren't full depending on whether demand had already been met on previous flights that day (either bus/1st/cargo were empty). I also didn't consider that the weight distribution is different for Economy, Business & First Class.

When looking at fuel consumption it says L/100km/pax, this is only correct for Economy Pax. Instead it should probably say L/100km/100kg instead with the following weight distribution:
1 Economy Pax = 100kg (or 1 original pax weight unit)
1 Business Pax = 125kg (1.25 pax weight uni
1 First Class Pax = 150kg (1.5 pax weight uni
1 Tonnes of Cargo = 1,000kg (10 pax weight units)

So the Liters of Fuel for a flight = Weight in 100s of kg * Distance in 100 km's
And finally the total fuel cost = Liters of Fuel * Fuel Price (Currently 93.75 cents per Liter)

Not sure if the fuel price fluctuates

• 1Like
Reactions: