• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Darkrenown

Star marshal
141 Badges
Jan 8, 2002
no
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hey all, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find any mention of it in the FAQ or the DDs, so here goes:

How strictly historical are the events in FTG? Will Spain always go bankrupt on a certain day? Is there still that Austria event where you have to give all your western provinces to SPA? Are the triggers still just dates or do events only fire when the situation merits them?

I do believe that the events will be adapted to different situations

Who has said anything about dynamic cores?

down with dynamic stuff! thats what made eu3 silly (tthe engine too)

down with dynamic stuff! thats what made eu3 silly (tthe engine too)

Nah - it was all the new buildings, advisors and other such stuff that made it silly or at least just not EU2.5 to me. Aside from AI enhancements all I really wanted to see

1) Dynamic monarchs and leaders

2) No culture/religion conversion of natives by colonization unless colonizer has capital on that continent (Africa/Asia only)

3) Naval attrition for all

4) No permanent extinction of natives unless >1000 initial pop.

5a)Multiple TPs per province up to a limit of 6 total levels

b) All inhabited provinces contribute to local CoT as if natives were the city

c) TPs divert a percentage of trade from local to nearest owned CoT

Thats all...

How strictly historical are the events in FTG? Will Spain always go bankrupt on a certain day? Is there still that Austria event where you have to give all your western provinces to SPA? Are the triggers still just dates or do events only fire when the situation merits them?
This is only a matter of triggers and it was already the case in EU2... Of course, with FTG enhanced script engine, it will be easier to control events firing only if desired context is present and for actions or commands related to this context.

This is only a matter of triggers and it was already the case in EU2... Of course, with FTG enhanced script engine, it will be easier to control events firing only if desired context is present and for actions or commands related to this context.

Cool. I know it's just a matter of triggers, but I was never an AGCEEP player, so I don't know how you feel about "X happens on this date everytime!"-type events. Sounds like they're more dynamic now though, so that's good.

Hey all, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find any mention of it in the FAQ or the DDs, so here goes:

I remember reading in one of the diaries that there are three settings.

One is strictly historical (events fire exactly as they happened.)

One is partially historical (the events fire but sometimes the computer will choose another option every once in a while.)

And I don't remember the final one, it was either the events don't fire at all or the computer randomly selects the outcome.

So essentially, you can choose the mode that pleases you best.

I hope you're all coding away on dynamic monarchs. :D