• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(27)

Private
Jan 20, 2000
Visit site
Many innovative games are let down by a poor AI e.g. Napolean 1813.

I expect at LEAST the following from the AI in EU:

1. Proactive oppenents. If I move an army into a province neighbouring a nation with which I have very poor relations but are not yet at war, I would expect that nation to launch a pre-emptive strike or apply diplomatic pressue. I would not expect it to just sit there while I built up my forces on its borders.

2. Manoeuvre warfare to cut the supply of enemy armies.

3. Multi-directional assaults.

4. Combine economic warfare with the use of armies e.g. blockades

Thanks
Brutal

1. The AI always looks at every move of a unit to determine if it's a hostile movement against him. He might declare war upon that.

2. Yep, that's in.

3. If he can, he comes from different positions and has different targets.

4. As soon as technology allows it, the ai tries to keep you blockaded if he can do it with his fleet.

/Johan @ Paradox

The reason I asked was because if EU uses an «if... then...» chain then the responses of nations to events will be hard coded. Therefore, the more one plays the game the easier it is to beat because the reactions of the countries become predictabe.

Neural networks(NN) simulate the architecture of the human brain using a digital computer. The key advantage of NNs is that the have memory and hence they can incorporate learning.

It is no longer necessary to hard code responses because the AI can now learn based on the player's actions. e.g. It will be no longer possible to continue using the same tactic to defeat an oppenent because the AI can adjust its response based on its experience.

Brutal.

It's not 'if-then's' :)

I'll give a long explanation sometime after it's released..

/Johan @ Paradox