• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FalknerEffect

Recruit
Aug 19, 2019
So I've been tinkering about with the editors. Modding has always been one of my favorite parts of any AoW game but, oh boy, this game's tools are a lot less intuitive than the previous ones'.

My aim is simple - create a scenario with custom commanders with a storyline and triggers (basically just a campaign scenario), but even that's proving challenging. It took me almost two days, but I've been able to crack how to create custom commanders and add them to my scenario, but no matter what I do, this keeps happening:

https://ibb.co/GT6wbTJ

The name of the custom commander I've created will not appear on the commander select screen. Funnily enough, if choose to play against him, his name does actually appear in-game - this problem only happens in the commander select screen. How do I fix this?

Also, one more thing, I realize the campaign scenarios in this game use a sort of random-map generator. Would it be feasible to use that on my own scenario? Landscaping's never been my forte, and anything the RNG spits out will probably still be better than what I could cobble together.

Thanks.

Maybe this part of the name is in anotehr file? I noticed the names of all Commanders listed in "Lord_Species_Amazons.rpl".
It is hard to tell what you are missing, since you have not told us what you have done. Maybe try something simplyer by changing the names of leaders in the given campaign?

Maybe this part of the name is in anotehr file? I noticed the names of all Commanders listed in "Lord_Species_Amazons.rpl".
It is hard to tell what you are missing, since you have not told us what you have done. Maybe try something simplyer by changing the names of leaders in the given campaign?

I'm very reluctant to alter the game's core .rpks. Previous attempts to do so have ended poorly.

Has no one seriously made a mod adding new commanders yet that I could look at?

I'm very reluctant to alter the game's core .rpks. Previous attempts to do so have ended poorly.

Has no one seriously made a mod adding new commanders yet that I could look at?
I see a whole host of Customisation and Skill/Leveling Mods. But not a single one that adds Commanders.

You apear to be the trailblazer here :)