• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After losing Washington DC to Krakow, USA kept on fighting for another six month. They managed to take Ontario and part of Quebec from the Brits. However, the small success cannot compensate huge loss USA suffered from Krakow invasion. USA began peace talk with Krakow. On 1 October 1844 USA surrendered to Krakow. USA agreed to become a satellite country of Krakow and to pay war indemnity for three years!

In Krakow history, this war is called 400 Days War. It was the first time Krakow winning a sound victory against a Western Great Power. Krakow since was respected economically, politically and militarily. THE SUPERPOWER, that's how people call Krakow from then on.

His skill reduces my accomplishments in this game to mere surviving :( , on the other hand we at least get to see Krakow as dominant world power. Are you going for WC, or there won't be enough time ?

Thanks for your compliment! Victoria is a wonderful game. We learn new things every now and then. Maybe I didn't read Vicki Wiki carefully enough, but land trading has been listed as an exploit, which sadly makes my achievement a bit, well, cheap. Fortunately, self-inflicted revolution has not been. So, at least I still have something to be proud of.

As you can see that Krakow is now the most powerful country in the world, the game is getting less and less challenging. I am swimming in cash and manpower. I can crash any other powers easily, be it Austria/Prussia/Russia/UK. Dannish-Prussia/Austria War is due in two years time. I have sufficient time and resources to gear up Krakow's war machine for the golden opportunity.

Since Austria has only one Poland's core province has its own core, the best way to deal with Austria is to make it Krakow's satellite meanwhile demanding Cieszyn. All the rest Polish cores can be traded for easily. Prussia has 8 Poland's core provinces as its own core. Therefore all must be demanded in peace treaties. If one war is not enough, then two! Hannover and Mecklenburg are very likely to join the war as well. Holding their capitals plus Berlin should give suffient war scores. Russia holds all the rest of Poland's cores as their non-core. So all of them can be traded for with Krakow's holdings in Siberia. To restore Poland to its full is not difficult as it sounded a few years ago. That was my second objective in the first post of this AAR.

I believe at this moment, everybody is convinced Krakow can annex Prussia/Austria/Russia if Krakow wishes. Austria is the softest target because of vast non-cores. Simply demand Budapest from Austria in peace treaty. Give Budapest back shortly before Hungarian nationalist rebels takes control. The Huns will disintegrate Austria for Krakow. Prussia obviously will not have any chance to be allowed to turn into Germany. They have a serious of wars precoded. Reduce their strength by one war after another. Russia, well, when Krakow runs out patience in acquiring their non-core, The Crimean War will be the best opportunity to weaken them. Thus the third and last goal of this AAR is nothing a challenge but a matter of time.

Time is the biggest constraint for me to complete this AAR. Also, less challenge means less incentive. WC? absolutely possible but even more time consuming. To be honest, I am not planning to do a WC as Krakow. Maybe as Georgia :D.

Last edited:
Ah ha excellent this is back! Defeated the USA, eh? Impressive, though you still need to take back all of the Polish homeland. Indian colonies is not Poland, my friend ;)

Come on, it's 1844 and you already smashed the US. A WC should be no problem at all!

I mean time in real life. I may wish to do a WC as Georgia :). Krakow people are peace-loving. We trade but we don't invade unless we have a good reason;).

Ah ha excellent this is back! Defeated the USA, eh? Impressive, though you still need to take back all of the Polish homeland. Indian colonies is not Poland, my friend ;)

Ha! Our LibrAARian seems to be out of patience to take back Polish homeland. So do Krakow people. ;)

After defeating USA and being recognised as the most powerful country in the world, Krakow is flooded in nationalism. People wants to know when the motherland of Poland can be restored.

Polish homeland was patitioned by three neighbouring countries. Prussia, Russia and Austria, all of them are amongst the greatest powers in the world. Krakow's army has enough confidence to defeat them one by one, but not all of them at the same time. Another major issue is that the city of Krakow is still landlocked. Since all Krakow troops are deployed overseas, how to defend homeland when hostility begins? Krakow people love peace. So, can we not talk and ask the neighbours to return the land? The CEO of KFC was ordered by the King to pay a visit to all three countries. Of course, gifts were offered to please the neighbours.

7574-KFC.jpg

Before long, KFC boss returned. Feedback from the neighbours are mixed.

Russians liked the chicken. They told Krakow that everything is negotiable. As long as the price is good, all Polish provinces under Russia control can be returned. The Tsar particularly liked KFC's free condiments. So he offered to give part of Lituania/Latvia/Estonia as freebie when Krakow buys back Congress Poland.

Austria was willing to talk as well. They even asked if King of Krakow would like to marry a princess of Austria. Everybody knows that it is not the first time Austria does so. Everytime, the other country turned out to be part of Austria later. However Czech nationalist were strongly against any talk. They said that Cieszyn would never be ceded to Poland. As a result, no wedding is planned.

The strongest opposition was coming from Prussia. According to them, all Polish claims on West Prussia/Posen/Schlesien were unfounded. Not a single inch of Prussian territory would be given to foreigners!

KFC was humiliated. King was not amused! Propaganda war began!

cropped-kfc-leaflet.jpg

Krakow is now actively preparing for a war against Prussia. Prussians did not want to return the land peacefully. Krakow people would have to take it back by force! On the other hand, diplimatic talks were going well in Russia. KFC approved investment plan in Siberia and Khazakstan building missions and trading posts in return of Russians handing back Congress Poland. In February 1846, Suwalki became the first Polish province to be returned to Polish people. Farmers were trained to be clerks and quickly joined the furniture factory in Krakow. Russia also gave part of Latvia and Lithuania so that Congress Poland would get access to the Baltic Sea.

suwalkicu8.jpg

Ecomonically it was a bad move for Krakow. Britain won back the title of No. 1 Power when Krakow was busy building railways on newly acquired low infrastucture lands. They also took the advantage to buy off all available lumber on global market. Not only Krakow's furniture factory was thus forced to halt functioning, but also all Krakow's colonial advance was forced to be put on hold.

Last edited:
For the time being it may hinder you, but later on you will be profiting from gaining back the home country. Into Prussia and take more of what is rightfully yours!

For the time being it may hinder you, but later on you will be profiting from gaining back the home country. Into Prussia and take more of what is rightfully yours!

It will keep on pulling my legs until I finally release Poland. In addition to diluted railroad level lowing my IND score, Polish farmers and labourers are also costing me research points. I am currently getting 2.75 RP per month with Functionalism research on the way which should beef it up to 3 RP per month. With more and more Polish nationals in the country, I am expecting RP gaining rate to drop to about 2 RP per month or even lower depends on how Russians had been treating them.

Poles should significantly increase my factory effiency. However it was only 1846. I was far far away from mass industrialisation. Lowered average RR level did just the opposite to boost factory production. Education expense is another issue. I only had Krakow/New South Wales/Freetown in statehood thus my education expense was low. Now with Poland/Latvia/Lithuania joining in, cash flow is dwindling.

Cannot complain, though. To recreate Poland is destiny.:)

Last edited:
Before engaging the Prussians, Krakow still has some unfinished business - Franco-Krakowian War. Krakow never really wanted to fight a real war against France. In almost ten years time, neither side fired a shot to the other on battlefield, or more precisely, there had been no battle field at all!

However, French fleet's interception of Krakowian transports in the 400 Days War changed everything. Krakow almost lost 1/4 of her entire army in that incident. Krakow started to build her own navy after that and decided to retaliate Frenchmen.

From Krakow's bases in Freetown and South Africa, Krakow troops wiped out French resistance in Gabon/Ivory Coast/Senegal. All French colonial buildings in Africa surrendered to Krakow. Only Algeria was still in French hands. Krakow's American station made a daring attack and took South Leeward Islands and French Guyana as well.

aafjh8.jpg