• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Meanwhile in the south, Krakow's invasion force successfully attracted 4 Austrian divisions led by legendary Austrian Field Marshal Jozef Radetszky. After the loss of two divisions in Krakow territory, Austria now only had 9 divisions left. Those four divisions accounted almost half of Austria's total military. Moreover, fared of mighty Krakow troops, they dared not to engage Krakow troops at all. What they had been doing was nothing but following Krakow cavalries and taking back once occupied provinces.

aussouthcx2.jpg

Further good news coming from Denmark-Prussia Front. After taking back Stralsund, Prussian divisions, presumably under heavy Mecklenburg diplomatic pressure, went west to rescue Mecklenburg instead of going north into Denmark. This may well be a costly mistake by the Prussians. Krakow's biggest fear of Denmark quitting the war was not going to happen.

prumovexz7.jpg

Last edited:
Since Denmark was no long in immediate danger, Krakow now got a free hand on punishing Austria even heavier. 2 May 1847, when Krakow's ultimatum was rejected by Austria, General Rytwianski, one of the busiest leaders, led his troops into Vienna! Two Austrian divisions dug in and fought to their death to defend Austrian capital. The Habsburg hoped that they could save their capital like what they did 164 year ago in front of Ottoman invasion. They were so wrong! What they forgot was the Poles were on their side , and the Poles made up the biggest part of their army at the time. The reward the Poles received was partition of their country. Now, time for a retaliation!

44297169hf9.jpg

On the same day when the last Austrian soldier in Vienna laid down his weapon, Krakow's reinforcement was being loaded on transports - 9 divisions of African soldiers from Sierra Leone!

loadingda8.jpg

Last edited:
Shocked by the news of imminent fall of Vienna and disappointed by Prussian's rescue, Mecklenburg gave in. On 27 May 1847, Mecklenburg quit the war and their alliance with other German states to become a satellite state of Denmark.

mecklenburgpe8.png

On the following day, Vienna fell. Krakow's cavalries from the south took Graz a few days ago. Therefore, Austria was effectively cut into two.

wienso2.jpg

The Hubsburgs did not waste any time suing for peace after the fall of Vienna. However, Austria was unwilling to cede Cieszyn in their peace proposal. Unsuprisingly, Krakow said "NO!"

auspeaceproposalcr2.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe i haven't found this AAR before. This is just GREAT. I'll make a point of following from now on...nice job wargames :)

I can't believe i haven't found this AAR before. This is just GREAT. I'll make a point of following from now on...nice job wargames :)

Thanks for your compliment! This AAR had been dormant for quite a while. That might be the reason you did not notice it. To be honest, I did not find it myself except from my own signature. I thought it had been locked or removed until after the recent server upgrade I found it on the first page of AAR forum again.:D

Since Austria showed willingness to surrender, peace talk had been held every week. Krakow insisted to get five Polish provinces plus Austria's war indemnity. However Austria had been stuburn. As time went by, pressure from Prussia was mounting.

10kpb3.jpg

Good news came exactly one month after the fall of Vienna. Austria offered all Krakow required Polish provinces plus a few more in exchange of not paying war indemnity. Krakow agreed.

auspeacefy8.jpg

One down, one to go. What does your southern border look like now?

europeen9.jpg

That is how it looks now. If the Prussian had sent their consripts to the northern front, I would not have agreed Austria's proposal. My BB is now too high. Newly acquired provinces are all of low infra. Not only IND score, but also my research speed is getting a big blow.:mad:

Looking forward to seeing how your young nation copes.
Carry on! :)
Also are you going to buy those last Russian provinces or wait for your BB to go down then take them by force?

Hmm, a little messy. Try and rebuild relations with the Austrians and try and trade those extra provinces (and some techs if needed) for the rest of Gallizen!

Hmm, a little messy. Try and rebuild relations with the Austrians and try and trade those extra provinces (and some techs if needed) for the rest of Gallizen!

I don't think that is feasible. I am now -177 with Austria. It will take me forever to improve relation back to +200. Sigh, no Austrian princess any more! :eek:o

Militarily, Austria's surrender relieved Krakow's pressure on southern front. 3 army corps or 18 divisions were now allowed to be diverted towards Breslau and beyond. Biggest land battle ever in Krakow history took place a few weeks later. Over 200 thousand Krakow soldiers overwhelmed 52000 Prussians. However, more Prussian reinforcements were due to arrive at any moment.

breslaupr6.jpg

However, these newly acquired provinces put a heavy political and economical burden on the young country, particularly in the war time and USA's war indemnity was about to expire. Not everybody was happy to be a proud subject of His Majesty, King of Krakow. Unrests were from time to time reported. Soon, a decision was made, the Kingdom of Hungary was established as Krakow's satellite.

hungfw9.jpg

Catholic University of Krakow, Krakow's main research institution was overwhelmed by people from former Austrian provinces seeking education. Research was significantely delayed. Industrial output was also shrinking. Even after Hungary's independance, Krakow merely managed to be ahead of France and way behind the British Empire in overall global recognition.

88766785xn5.jpg

Last edited:
Wars won't help your research, just get them over an done with soon. Prussia will fall, I'm pretty sure...

After the victory over Austria, everyone in Krakow, from the King to ordinary soldier, was convinced that the war would be won quickly. Full offensive had been launched against Prussian resistance. Before long, Prussians were driven out of Krakow territory. Meanwhile, a successful amphibious attack was carried out in Stettin. On 25th August 1847, Krakow's brave Sierra Leone warriors entered Berlin!

825berlindu6.jpg