• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dinglehoff

Lt. General
3 Badges
Mar 9, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
I got this game Vic Revolutions from GamersGate back in the day and want to do a fresh install, to get rid of what should be a custom event that is screwing up the game start when I delete or move it from the event folder.

How do I reinstall this game?

How do I get rid of this event which the game thinks has to be in the folder at load?

Apparently GG no longer has this game or anything else that I need so reinstalling from there is not an option.

With this event Russian Hegemony, I've deleted the contents of the text file but for some reason the game needs the empty file to still be there, even though I don't think it was original to the game.

You just learned one of the most basic of rules to modding. When modding always keep a back up of what you are modding on your PC. A fast google search found Victoria Complete on Amazon for $9.99. If I recall Victoria: Complete includes Victoria: Revolutions. I hope that helps.

Apparently GG no longer has this game or anything else that I need so reinstalling from there is not an option.

With this event Russian Hegemony, I've deleted the contents of the text file but for some reason the game needs the empty file to still be there, even though I don't think it was original to the game.
Contact them, either they need to give you a refund or provide you with the download.