• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Advanced piloting allows you to drive anything. And I think you can also become a Paladin. I think there are 3.

So I just found out today that there are 2 tier IV vehicles.

Advanced piloting allows up to tier III, so I'm wondering how the heck do you pilot a tier IV vehicle?
pretty sure initially T4 vehicles weren't planned (you can't build them and have to find them, for example, and two of them came with the Star Revelation DLC IIRC?). As such, the description was valid at some point, and they forgot to update it for when T4 vehicles were added.

pretty sure initially T4 vehicles weren't planned (you can't build them and have to find them, for example, and two of them came with the Star Revelation DLC IIRC?). As such, the description was valid at some point, and they forgot to update it for when T4 vehicles were added.
Not exactly. The Oathbound Paladin is T4, if I recall. And it is just as ludicrous as you would think. I believe it gives +5 armor to the hero, or something like that, which is absolutely insane.

My favorite of all is the Therian Apex Injector. You don't even have to have piloting for that. With the right hero setup, those guys can cleave down entire armies in one turn. Absolutely the most busted unit I believe I have ever seen. It is just rare that you can employ them. They are so situational.

As for original intentions, it is pretty clear that they didn't think everything through. I remember in the old days, the Voidtech Rift Generator was effectively T4. I don't care what they thought, that thing was absolutely NUTS. It was BY FAR the best vehicle in the game, and it wasn't even close. That thing could do everything, and even benefitted from cover. It was so damn busted, it was hard to believe. That, combined with snipers, was game over.