• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(166121)

Private
2 Badges
Sep 15, 2009
  • Majesty 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
Just reinstalled the original and the latest patch (no expansions). Trying to mod the camera and "Battle for the Plains" single mission map and googled/searched the forums for Majesty 2 modding. Can't edit the pak file directly with the latest patch. Tried creating a resource.mod directory and placing the camera.con file in the right path...nothing. Tried placing my edited .mi file in documents/majesty 2/user_maps...don't see my custom map. Tried copying these folders into my exact profile directory and placing the .mi file in resource.mod/<whatever the path is> as well, still nothing.

What am I doing wrong and/or missing? Any help would be appreciated. For now I'm just gonna play it unpatched so I can simply edit the pak file.

You use the Cold Sunrise expansion, it has much better moddability than the original game + expansions. You take the files that you want to change and put them in relative paths in .mod folder in game's root directory. If you are creating multiplayer/singleplayer maps, you must put them in user_maps in majesty2 folder in my documents

Reactions: