• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jharryl

Recruit
Sep 27, 2020
Recently took the VOID ascension perk, to try something different, and nothing I have tried yet, brings up the option of constructing a habitat. WIKI says you need a constructor ship, over a world with a min 10 pop, and no anomalies. Check, check and check...yet...no such option appears.

Walk me thru it please...what do I have to click, to build a habitat?

Last edited:
I haven't built one yet, so not sure how it's done on the console version yet since I never got the tech to make one yet. Have you tried going to the megastructure tab where you would build one when you have the constructor ship selected? What happens when your constructor ship is selected and you press X (sorry have Xbox version) on a planet and what options does it give you?

As for 10 pop I am not sure what you mean? Planets don't have maximum population any more but districts now. As long as the planet is not been colonized, and has no mining/research station on it, I believe it should be able to construct a habitat around it.

Will try and do it latter today and will see how it is done. :)

Reactions:
So some of that info is right and some isn't (as it might be dated)

You need a construction ship
The planet needs to not have an anomaly
You need Voidborne (and possibly the tech researched to build Habitats, I forget if Voidborne auto-unlocks the tech for you or if you need to research it separately)
The planet can't have a mining/research/observation station on it
Resources/influence to build

Assuming these have been met
Select your construction ship
Then find the system with the planet you wish to build a Habitat on
There should be a menu that pops up which can include [Build mining station, build research station, build observatory, build megastructure]
Choose megastructure [if the megastructure option isn't available, see if there is an option in the construction ship menu for it, or tab through the menus if it has more than one to find Build Megastructure]
Then select Habitat
Then select the planet

Your construction ship will move to that planet and begin building a Habitat

The planet can't have a mining/research/observation station on it

I BELIEVE, therein lies the rub. I don't have a colonized planet, w/o mining and/or research stations in place. I suppose COULD destroy those stations, build the habitat, then rebuild the stations...but that somewhat defeats the purpose, no? If that's the case, IMHO, it renders habitats pretty useless.

I BELIEVE, therein lies the rub. I don't have a colonized planet, w/o mining and/or research stations in place. I suppose COULD destroy those stations, build the habitat, then rebuild the stations...but that somewhat defeats the purpose, no? If that's the case, IMHO, it renders habitats pretty useless.

Just build the habitat around a useless planet.

actually habitats take up the same slot as a station

I don't think we yet have the update that makes it if you build a Habitat above a resource (mainly energy and minerals) it gives you district section for that resource

Reactions:
Just build the habitat around a useless planet.

that does not work either. I can theoretically repair megastructures but have yet to figure out how to build one.

I just surveyed a system with a planet (green, 85% habitability), put up an outpost to "claim" the system, have done no development, can not get the option to build a habitat.

so...someone PLEASE step by step...how.do.you,build.habitats?

I am on Xbox, have the deluxe (???) edition game with no additional DLC, just what it came with.

that does not work either. I can theoretically repair megastructures but have yet to figure out how to build one.

I just surveyed a system with a planet (green, 85% habitability), put up an outpost to "claim" the system, have done no development, can not get the option to build a habitat.

so...someone PLEASE step by step...how.do.you,build.habitats?

I am on Xbox, have the deluxe (???) edition game with no additional DLC, just what it came with.

The useless planet is just good advice.

To build a habitat you select a construction ship and go over to the action tab (I don't know what it is called, but I'm pretty sure it is the second one)
Then you select the Dyson sphere looking icon (Just mouse over each one, one will say mega structure).
After, you scroll though the list that pops up and select habitat.
Finally, you select a planet.