• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KnightCole

Colonel
2 Badges
Mar 2, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
Soo, ive figured out the weapons, mechs, now I just need to get my custom pilots in order.

How do I make X's or O's out of the portrait section of the data file? I have no image to compare to in order to see what I want my guys to look like. Also, where do I put a picture if I was to crop one from another picture or something?

There's two things to keep in mind.

1) If you want to add your custom folks to your *starting* lance, there seems to be no way to avoid having them use 3D portrait assets at the moment, and 3D portraits override 2D ones. You'll have to hire these people from elsewhere.

2) While BTModding is accurate w/r/t how to put together a pilot file, it's unclear exactly what steps need to be taken to make sure a pilot shows up in the hiring hall.

There's two things to keep in mind.

1) If you want to add your custom folks to your *starting* lance, there seems to be no way to avoid having them use 3D portrait assets at the moment, and 3D portraits override 2D ones. You'll have to hire these people from elsewhere.

2) While BTModding is accurate w/r/t how to put together a pilot file, it's unclear exactly what steps need to be taken to make sure a pilot shows up in the hiring hall.

Right now, I see two different ways with tinkering with.

1. If you look in the pilot files, the randomly generated pilots are all named as "pilot_d#_typeofpilot" (some of these have "BLACKLISTED" which I believe means it won't be able to be recruited)
2. The pilot files named with "pilot_backer" are the best bet for copying and creating a custom 2D portrait pilot instead of using the generated pilot option above (which is what these ones use)