• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While this is true, what I am trying to do with this tread is find and leverage every means at our disposal to help create a mp community. I can't control what the devs do, and I am not willing to wait for future improvements. I wish to find what small solutions we as players may implement to improve our own community.
"Stop running Deathstars and injury-fishing missile lances unless you know the other player is cool with it."

This is not a solution, as it requires previous communication between players (and this is an issue for casual players, as I also think that most of them don't use discord or are even in the pdx forum), but may help some people to give it a try: matches with partial lances. Why? Most of the matches take at least 40 minutes, some even the double. I'm sure that some players can't (or don't want to) spend that long straight in a match. Well, even sometimes it's why I don't play much MP these days (I have around an hour or less to play, and I usually have my doubts about being able to find someone to play and finish the match, so I play single player). If, instead of 4 'Mechs each, it is 2 or 3, the match would probably last less. Main problem with that: maximum c-bills (probably would require another match setting option with less money). So, long story short: an option for quicker matches may attract some players.

Although, for some days with planning before, I would love co-op multiplayer games (as I mentioned elsewhere), I think that having 4 or more players connected at the same game would be problematic, at least with the server issues (if it haven't improved in the last week).

Tournaments, if there are not too many running at the same time, could also a good idea to attract new players and to get to know other MP players. Again, the problem is communication, how to let people not convinced about MP know about these tournaments? And I believe it would be wise to do it without "annoying/spamming", particularly for the single players that seem to have some sort of grudge against MP.

Sorry for not providing much of a solution, but I hope that by rising a few problems I believe are affecting the MP community (which is a bit in a standstill/stagnate), we can find solutions or suggestions for the HBS team (the most structured and organised, the better).

This is not a solution, as it requires previous communication between players (and this is an issue for casual players, as I also think that most of them don't use discord or are even in the pdx forum), but may help some people to give it a try: matches with partial lances. Why? Most of the matches take at least 40 minutes, some even the double. I'm sure that some players can't (or don't want to) spend that long straight in a match. Well, even sometimes it's why I don't play much MP these days (I have around an hour or less to play, and I usually have my doubts about being able to find someone to play and finish the match, so I play single player). If, instead of 4 'Mechs each, it is 2 or 3, the match would probably last less. Main problem with that: maximum c-bills (probably would require another match setting option with less money). So, long story short: an option for quicker matches may attract some players.

Although, for some days with planning before, I would love co-op multiplayer games (as I mentioned elsewhere), I think that having 4 or more players connected at the same game would be problematic, at least with the server issues (if it haven't improved in the last week).

Tournaments, if there are not too many running at the same time, could also a good idea to attract new players and to get to know other MP players. Again, the problem is communication, how to let people not convinced about MP know about these tournaments? And I believe it would be wise to do it without "annoying/spamming", particularly for the single players that seem to have some sort of grudge against MP.

Sorry for not providing much of a solution, but I hope that by rising a few problems I believe are affecting the MP community (which is a bit in a standstill/stagnate), we can find solutions or suggestions for the HBS team (the most structured and organised, the better).

You might want to check out the Solaris 7 tournament, the assault class is signing up now and it is all 1v1. Quick fun matches that take little time with good people. Also any ideas on how to communicate better with more casual players? Redit, steam, here, and discord are the only channels I know.

Join us over at innerspherewars.eu! We are a faction focused meta layer to the game in which we fight for control of the inner sphere, using HBS Battletech to decide our conflicts. It definitely helps make the MP side of this game more engaging.

You might want to check out the Solaris 7 tournament, the assault class is signing up now and it is all 1v1. Quick fun matches that take little time with good people. Also any ideas on how to communicate better with more casual players? Redit, steam, here, and discord are the only channels I know.
I saw it a few days ago, but the 3 days per round can be a bit tricky if you don't have a lot of time for playing, but thanks for the heads up anyway ;)
As for ideas to communicate with other players, whoever is in the BT discords is most probably already playing some MP. Redit and Steam may be good ideas. I'm only checking this forum, so I'm out of other ideas...