[ANSWERED] How do Vehicles Work?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

paulp575

Second Lieutenant
9 Badges
Jan 1, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
I have found some vehicle I'd like to manually add to my game.
For example, one is listed as an "Asset Vehicle" (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1544132104).
Once I subscribe to them, how do they get on the map?
Will C:S automatically add them? Or do I have to manually place them on the map? If I place one will additional vehicles (same asset) automatically add or do I need to manual add a bunch of them?
Thanks for the reply - still expanding my experience with C:S.

• 1Like
Reactions:
they'll appear like any other vehicle does. with mods, you sometimes need to switch them on in the content manager, but assets are just there.

As others said, it should just start appearing in your city.

There are some vehicle assets that are prop versions instead, and would have to be placed manually and they don't move.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have found some vehicle I'd like to manually add to my game.
For example, one is listed as an "Asset Vehicle" (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1544132104).
Once I subscribe to them, how do they get on the map?
Will C:S automatically add them? Or do I have to manually place them on the map? If I place one will additional vehicles (same asset) automatically add or do I need to manual add a bunch of them?
Thanks for the reply - still expanding my experience with C:S.
For this type of 'random' vehicle, it will just start showing up randomly like the 'vanilla' vehicles.

For something like a bus or train or ferry-boat, etc, you can change each individual line to use an asset vehicle instead if you want. The the whole line will use that vehicle, but none of the other lines. (unless you switch each line of course) So for bus, each line could have a different vehicle if you wanted.

As others said, it should just start appearing in your city.

There are some vehicle assets that are prop versions instead, and would have to be placed manually and they don't move.
I saw then when searching the workshop. Appreciate you confirming what I thought - that props do NOT move.

Reactions: