• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Verladen und entladen von Armeen auf vlotten: Page 27 and 28 of the german manual describes it.

Pirates....I don't bother with them, actually I'm much too busy to survive with 4 countries that are visiting my country, without an appointment!!!

[This message has been edited by Grouchy (edited 08-11-2000).]

Originally posted by Grouchy:

Pirates....I don't bother with them, actually I'm much too busy to survive with 4 countries that are visiting my country, without an appointment!!!

[This message has been edited by Grouchy (edited 08-11-2000).]

This explains why you are Grouchy! :D

Put a fleet in a neighbouring sea zone and then let the troops walk in the fleet. Just as you walk the troops between provinces. There is a capacity number for the fleet and a number of the volume (?) of the army. This is not the size number. You can load cannons.

Pirates can reduce significantly the income of a province. Just send a fleet in the seazone where they are and have a normal fight. I am not sure if fortifications really help against pirates as mentioned in the manual. If I have a level 2 fortification the pirates still reduce the income close to zero.

go with your fleet in the sea and then move your troops onto your ships. If your army is to heavy to load on your ships you have to make smaller your army.
BTW: How do you play a game like this without any german knowledge ? That would be for me (i am german) like playing the japanese version - almost (-:

pre-requisite : the 'weight' of the army as shown by the number on the right-hand-side of the army display must be less than or equal to the capacity of the fleet as shown in the same way (0 of 10)
1. move your ships to sea
2. march your armies out to sea (preferably to the area your fleet is in)
3. if you get a green arrow, wait
4. if not, you goofed somewhere
5. when your army has loaded, the display will go to (6 of 10) for example and you will get an 'unload troops' option

remember as your ships sink, your troops do too

Maurice explained it well.
I may add, just to complete it :
- troops can only be loaded on a fleet that is already at sea. The troops must be stationed in a province adjacent to the sea the fleet is in.
- the troops, once selected, are loaded on the ships by right-clicking on the fleet. Since they are lazy, they take their time to board while some of them use the occasion to desert or to drown, whatever they fancy most.
- every ship has a transportation capacity. A transport ship has got a capacity of 2, which allows for 2.000 foot or 1.000 horse, since 1.000 foot 'weigh' 1 and 1.000 horse 'weigh' 2.

The whole process defies logic, especially since you have to send your ships to sea prior to loading your troops.
Unloading is easy and intuitive. Click the fleet, select 'ausladen' and then right-click an adjacent province.

Must be difficult when not mastering German.

- the troops, once selected, are loaded on the ships by right-clicking on the fleet. Since they are lazy, they take their time to board while some of them use the occasion to desert or to drown, whatever they fancy most

Hey compare that to when unloading a conquestador into an unexplored province. Unloading the troops take several months, while the ships fall apart under them, and the men are kept busy drowning. :D

[This message has been edited by strategy (edited 09-11-2000).]

Thnxs for all those who help. I'm just one of those people who couldn't wait for an english version. Looks like that will be in the next month or two.

Another question from a non german speaking person. Trade I guessing you must first purchase a trader and send him or her to a country. Can some one explain this part to me step by step thnxs