• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kgmi

Palatinian Guard
75 Badges
Oct 19, 2014
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
I have them created too often, trying to set up successions for my title RP well one guy decides to go Cadet inside my realm, whilst being the elected target of my Dnyastic Succession, threatening me to go game over all of a sudden if I dont switch to Seniority or something asap. I tried to like the Cadet stuff but it just doesnt work for me, I hate it so much that I have abandoned 2 campaigns so far. Trying to land family members to have them earn prestige and money but it always comes back to me, this isn't CK 3 where I m rewarded for spreading my Dynasty. I m just trying to RP when these clowns found Cadet Branches even tho they are in line of succession and would actually be inheriting something.

God it tilts me so f'ing much.

Reactions:
Wait, a cadet branch inheritance triggers a game over? It's still the same dynasty and that's the limiting factor? Or am I completely wrong and upon house change the game ends?

Correct me if I'm totally mistaken but there is no Cadet branch, Dynasty and House system like CK3. If a member of your dynasty creates a new one and inherits something, it counts as new dynasty and would therefore trigger a game over for you. Why don't you play with the Game rule which allows a continued play in an event of a dynasty switch? This should do the trick just fine and you can play on

I still think it's far too common for the AI to form cadet branches. I get that it's supposed to be limited to relatives who carve their own path, but in effect the prestige required is easily acquired just from being a powerful vassal / gavelkind heir. Maybe prevent at least first-degree cousins and nephews from splitting?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: