• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nethog

Corporal
15 Badges
Oct 3, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
I can only seem to read the last 10 posts to this forum. When I try an load the next older page of posts I get no results. Does anyone know what is wrong? See the attached screenshots. The image "paradox-forum1.jpg" shows the latest 10 posts. When I go to page 2 I see what is shown in "paradox-forum2.jpg". At the bottom it says "Showing threads 21 to 20 of 12.298" and then in the thread window "There are no threads to display".

Attachments

• paradox-forum1.jpg
    paradox-forum1.jpg
    178,2 KB · Views: 98
  • paradox-forum2.jpg
    paradox-forum2.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 103
Did you click on "Set Options" in "Thread Display Options" ?

Yes - you can see this in my second image.

No.
I can't see if you clicked "Set Options".
Only that you openend the "Thread Display Options".

By the way other Paradox forums display ok.

Only here ? Hmm....
All i know is the following:
One currently can't set fixed thread/forum display options in preferences as in the old forum.
Contrary to you I can see all pages and threads(edit) after clicking on "Set Display".
In other forums, such as FAQ subforums etc, the stickied threads don't show unless one clicks the "Set Options" button.

Hmm..one option is to ask in the "Forum Help" subforum or send a PM to Castellon.

edit:

It works when i click oin "Set Display" while on page 2.
Afterwards i can go back and forth fine, but it doesn't save (edit), so as soon as i close the tab or open a thread inside the forum, the setting's gone and i have to click again...o_O

Something's not right, that's for sure.
Haven't seen that in a main forum yet.

Apparently the new forum is in its Beta...or in its Alpha stage.
Not sure. Annoying.

Last edited:
Well not working on IE/Win8 and now no longer working on my smartphone! Very strange.

I got no official feedback yet, but a demi-mod implied in his response to another forumite,
that this behaviour is working as designed (in the "New Forum question" thread in "Forum Help" subforum). That's how i understood it.
I sincerely hope not.

How can this be "working as designed" when it doesn't work?

In theory, by making it easier to surf when someone uses a small mobile device.
I guess.
Still stupid.

PS: Remember that i said " implied in his response to another forumite,
that this behaviour is working as designed", so it wasn't stated a such.
I just presume that this is the case.

edit:

Update.
It's not working as designed.
So no worries. ;)
Its definitely not working as designed.

Instead of going into the thread and losing the setting, try middle clicking to open the thread in a new tab :)

My main concern at this point is that some users have reported that the workaround does not function for them. I'm trying to get some more information to pass along to everyone.

Last edited: