How do I replace capital buildings for a civic?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

eldomtom2

Private
13 Badges
Feb 9, 2013
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
I've made a new civic and want to give it a new set of capital buildings replacing the old ones. In my replacement 00_capital_buildings I've added NOT = {has_valid__civic = new_civic} to the potential section of the planetary adminstration code, and for the planetary adminstration replacement I've copied the planetary adminsration code over, renamed it, and added has_valid__civic = new_civic to the potential section. Yet when I start a new game with the civic it still has the vanilla planetary adminstration building. What am I doing wrong?

I don't think change capital_building is a good idea,maybe some planet_modifiers or planetary_deposits do better...
If you insist,you need add your building names to convert_to = {} on all Capital buildings,and add "owner = { NOT = { has_valid_civic = new_civic} }"(yes,you need owner = {},or I will not work) to potential = {} (And allow = {},which is not strictly needed) on all Capital buildings.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Has been a while since I've played around with buildings, but I'm fairly certain that capital buildings are spawned by an event, and probably ignore the validity check.

If you really want to replace it, you will need to instead add a destroy trigger to the capital and add your building as a convert_to option.

However, as neptunehs said, it's probably not a good idea. Capital buildings are integrated in all sorts of events, effects, and conditions. They're expected to exist by the game, and replacing them with a custom building that the game does not know will cause all sorts of problems and inconsistencies.

I managed to fix the problem by adding an event that checks if a planet has a vanilla capital and replacing it if so. The problem is that some checks for the presence of a capital work differently from other building checks...