• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dark_Lord_Alan

Sergeant
8 Badges
Jan 14, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
My friends love this game and we all have it. And it's unplayable. We keep trying to all play it together but inevitably the game crashes and the save is unloadable. Everytime.

So how do I fix this, do I sacrifice a virgin to grum-gog? Remove all ai's, only play in exile mode, never use mods, have people join the server in order they first joined? Will any of these work, is there any point? I prefer the features of two, specifically Tal Kalisel, but warlock one is actually playable.

Is there anything I can do? Does anyone even care? Cause near as I can tell this game has been borderline unplayable for the last 4 years and just abandoned.

Like you, I and a number of my friends loved this game. The lack of simultaneous multiplayer kept some of them away or otherwise dampened the frequency that my interested friends did play. And yes, the AI wasn't good, but the Warlock games have such charm and character that it's never very long before we were piling into Discord or Skype for a few nights of fun and games in Warlock 2.

But then one of the last patches added some instability and the AI turns started taking inordinate amounts of time. And then, sometime in 2016 or so, we were no longer able to even start a multiplayer game because whoever was hosting would get to 100% loading, and the guests would never finish. And then, sometime in the last 6-9 months or so, they seem to have turned off their game servers because we can't even see each others' games now. We have a number of IT engineers among us, so believe me when I say we've tried all of the normal things with port forwarding and DMZ modes in routers, etc... the matchmaking/game servers simply aren't there anymore. We can play fine with other games, so it's not US.

Paradox has abandoned this game, it would seem. Very sad, and (combined with some other experiences in recent years) I doubt I'll trust buying anything else from them.