• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Dark_Lord_Alan

Sergeant
45 Badges
Jan 14, 2015
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
My friends love this game and we all have it. And it's unplayable. We keep trying to all play it together but inevitably the game crashes and the save is unloadable. Everytime.

So how do I fix this, do I sacrifice a virgin to grum-gog? Remove all ai's, only play in exile mode, never use mods, have people join the server in order they first joined? Will any of these work, is there any point? I prefer the features of two, specifically Tal Kalisel, but warlock one is actually playable.

Is there anything I can do? Does anyone even care? Cause near as I can tell this game has been borderline unplayable for the last 4 years and just abandoned.

TheVenge

Corporal
3 Badges
Sep 10, 2012
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
Like you, I and a number of my friends loved this game. The lack of simultaneous multiplayer kept some of them away or otherwise dampened the frequency that my interested friends did play. And yes, the AI wasn't good, but the Warlock games have such charm and character that it's never very long before we were piling into Discord or Skype for a few nights of fun and games in Warlock 2.

But then one of the last patches added some instability and the AI turns started taking inordinate amounts of time. And then, sometime in 2016 or so, we were no longer able to even start a multiplayer game because whoever was hosting would get to 100% loading, and the guests would never finish. And then, sometime in the last 6-9 months or so, they seem to have turned off their game servers because we can't even see each others' games now. We have a number of IT engineers among us, so believe me when I say we've tried all of the normal things with port forwarding and DMZ modes in routers, etc... the matchmaking/game servers simply aren't there anymore. We can play fine with other games, so it's not US.

Paradox has abandoned this game, it would seem. Very sad, and (combined with some other experiences in recent years) I doubt I'll trust buying anything else from them.