• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vadriel45

Private
25 Badges
Jun 24, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
There's an ambition to improve this trait to "skilled", but I have yet to see an event firing for it, despite my ruler leading a retinue that fends off viking invaders on a monthly basis.

There's an ambition to improve this trait to "skilled", but I have yet to see an event firing for it, despite my ruler leading a retinue that fends off viking invaders on a monthly basis.
Every duel you win you've got a good chance of getting an experience point. 3 XP and you get the next level.

So make sure to actually engage in duels.
There's also a low chance of getting XP just from being in combat, but that's quite a bit lower than the chance of getting XP from duels.

Thanks, I think the problem is I get the option to engage in a duel a significant portion of the time, but the battles themselves are over before the duels can finish.

If there's some kind of issue with how the duels function, it might be worth reporting it over in the New Duel Engine thread.

If there's some kind of issue with how the duels function, it might be worth reporting it over in the New Duel Engine thread.
Unrelated to this thread, but a task for you if you want it:
Create decision icons for the following:
  • Enable Shattered Balance
  • Enable Gender Equality
  • Enable No Ahistorical Empires

Every duel you win you've got a good chance of getting an experience point. 3 XP and you get the next level.

So make sure to actually engage in duels.
There's also a low chance of getting XP just from being in combat, but that's quite a bit lower than the chance of getting XP from duels.
Perhaps between my AI commander random weight buffing and my conservative bastard nerfing of the chance to gain XP from combat (my biggest nerf was a knee-jerk reaction to how "easy" it was for me to advance while leading armies defending against a jihad) was slightly too much. I do want people to be able to earn XP from combat experience in addition to duels: those events have better flavor, anyway. ;)

I suppose that it will take more than 1 person saying something to motivate me to increase the combat weight a little (just haven't been in a mood to play the game for fun / under normal circumstances lately, so I'm relying on feedback), but it's certainly not set in stone. Combat trait advancement has just made its first official debut with HIP, after all.

Note that I plan to throw-in more flavor and perhaps some random events that don't require you to be at war / in combat to have a chance at earning XP (but probably will involve both the character and someone else, either familiar or random, risking death) over the next few releases.

Last edited: