• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Scar_Face

Private
Sep 10, 2005
I was thinking of creating a bit of a mod on eu2, dead though the game may be. How do I go about making a map blank of countries, etc, so that I can then begin to fill it in with my own? Or is it better just to tinker on a pre-existing scenario and make all my changes from that point?

I want to remove everything on the Old world map so i can then put everything in afterwards.

I was thinking of creating a bit of a mod on eu2, dead though the game may be. How do I go about making a map blank of countries, etc, so that I can then begin to fill it in with my own? Or is it better just to tinker on a pre-existing scenario and make all my changes from that point?

I want to remove everything on the Old world map so i can then put everything in afterwards.
Wasn't there a scenario editor? Broken in later patches.

There's a default scenario where the world is empty except for a few scattered one-prov "seeds". It's meant for multiplayer, but I think you should be able to copy-paste the relevant data from it into the default 1419 scenario to get a mostly blank Europe, then a few fixes and you can remove the starting nations from there. Maybe that'd be a good place to start?

Alright, everything was going swimmingly with my mod, plodding along well and then...it just became really unstable out of no where, crashing at the turn of the year every year seemingly for no reason, constantly. My last changes were only adding in countries.

Anyone have an idea as to why eu2 would crash at the turn of the year?

Real disappointing. I basically finished creating my bronze age mod, which was stable and working, until the last five countries, where it then begins to repeatedly crash every september 1st, occasionally but mysteriously reaching january 1st 1-10% of the time before crashing. If i remove all the countries i created save one, a blank scenario, i can easily pass january or september, but if i add all the countries back in save the ones i added in immediately prior to the crashes? Still crashes! No consistency at all. -_-

Real disappointing. I basically finished creating my bronze age mod, which was stable and working, until the last five countries, where it then begins to repeatedly crash every september 1st, occasionally but mysteriously reaching january 1st 1-10% of the time before crashing. If i remove all the countries i created save one, a blank scenario, i can easily pass january or september, but if i add all the countries back in save the ones i added in immediately prior to the crashes? Still crashes! No consistency at all. -_-

There is a subforum for modding questions and problems
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/eu2-scenarios-events-and-modifications.63/

If it works without the changes and does not work with the changes, then likely the changes are what creates the problem. :rolleyes:
You could post a screenshot of the error you get when the game crashes in the modding subforum.