• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Impressive stuff. Something is fucked up in the HoI 2 files though, because as I played as Finland from 1936 to 1938, using historical paths, I didn't even have a 2nd techteam yet, I had 7 national dissent and the same army as in 1936. I had just 2 technologies researched by then.

That is why I wonder that, when instead starting HoI 2 as Finland from the year 1938, there's alot bigger army with some airforce, more techteam slots and overall very good situation. So as I've learned now, there's no point in starting the game in 1936 as Finland, because you'll end up in worse situation in 1938.

Impressive stuff. Something is fucked up in the HoI 2 files though, because as I played as Finland from 1936 to 1938, using historical paths, I didn't even have a 2nd techteam yet, I had 7 national dissent and the same army as in 1936. I had just 2 technologies researched by then.

That is why I wonder that, when instead starting HoI 2 as Finland from the year 1938, there's alot bigger army with some airforce, more techteam slots and overall very good situation. So as I've learned now, there's no point in starting the game in 1936 as Finland, because you'll end up in worse situation in 1938.

You get dissent from changing ministers and you don't get tech teams for free. You have to have 20 IC to get your second tech team. It has nothing to do with the start date, that's just how the game works.

You get dissent from changing ministers and you don't get tech teams for free. You have to have 20 IC to get your second tech team. It has nothing to do with the start date, that's just how the game works.

Yeah, but it's impossible to build 5 factories to Finland in 1936-1938. :(

How the hell did they get so many divisions?!?!?!?! :eek:

@Enewald: If so, in thie war every Finnish citizen ever living in those parts will die by the end of the war. And they will be ressurected, just to die again. Zombie Finnish armies.
@M4 Emperior: GER invested in everything. At the moment, they have half the RM, 200% the UK/US airforces combined and ~1250 divs. Go figure.
@Middelkerke: They didn't get to the frontiers yet and guess what, they were produced in the last month or so.
@Sarganto: Done already, no damn reason why. Everything was running WAD.
@TRP: Vanilla with +0.1 homeland MP.
@TombolaG: Expect it when the war is over.

Breaking news, these years are really boring so I did an update on nations that are screwed. On the left, Communist Chine VS. The Ming Empire v2.
pic2.png

The winner is obvious.
pic3.png

Japan is doing surprisingly well for a nation kicked out of China.
pic4.png

Fidlee dee dee. Running for the 102 energy gulag-land in the tundras to fix the economy.
pic5.png

Buh-bye Stalin. Having two jobs as HoG is a bad thing for you. Assasination 100%.
pic6.png

Welcome to Stalingrad. No last stand, no "FOR THE MOTHERLAND" postures, but three divisions getting overran by 40. I envy Rommel in those moments. He would have 40 Iron Crosses by now.
pic7.png

Ming's back.
pic8.png

Victory on this frontier was so close. Only three provinces and I would get entire Siberia for myself. Well have fun with the partisants, Germany.
pic9.png

Last pic. Guess who's doing Sealion.
Update concluded.

Yeah I noticed you weren't able to race the Germans into letting them conquer for you, that IC in central Germany would be really useful.

First, you need to rebuild all our Bitter Peace events so that you should gain and colonise all by yourself conquered ground, or create some post - BP German help (IC mod with oil, rares, etc) with only gained Estonia, Segezha, Kola, Arkangeli and Petersborg.

Second, are you planning to balkanise British Isles (indepedent England, Scotland, Wales and N Ireland to Ireland?)

@TRP: It seems like you're talking about conquering Germany.
@M4 Emperior: Not needed. Not at all. And the British Isles go 100% to me, since from all the things in the game only I know how to defend it properly. And I mean this one.
Okay, so updates are coming in less time now, but their quality is gonna drop a bit. This one is a mini-update since the game crashed.

Interesting, isn't it?
pic2.jpg

Okay. ROK DoWing the SU, while no land connection is available because China took Vladivostok. This might have potential.
pic3.jpg

Ahahahaha oh wow. On the left, my elite army, on the bottom, China "protecting" itself from SU's aggression. And so Xibei San Ma is the only warlord that will survive till '48. It's lucky after all.
pic4.png

Well, for three years I've built inf divisions and convoys. This was the only reason I did it. And to note, that broke after a week. Pfft.
pic5.png

Here's how it ends now, 2'nd of December 1944. Then I started cycling the units to see how's it going and flew into an embarked corps in the middle of nowhere, probably the North Pole.
Update concluded.

Last edited:
@Enewald: Everywhere in Asia in an overall. Basically everywhere east and north of India.
@M4 Emperior: Not needed. Germany already siezed what is possible to sieze and we have a good surplus of materials for me to buy.

Well, this one is a turning point. Trying not to spoil so hard, expect something you've seen in almost all of my AAR's.

I create Scotland for the resources and maybe they'll guard my stuff so I don't have to keep my garrisons in. That basically kills the idea of the 100% Finnish islands.
pic2.png

As always, I take a few Central American countries.
pic3.png

Bulgaria took Istanbul.
pic4.png

Oh shi- USA is now radical leftwing. Who broke it?
pic5.png

India's going down.
pic6.png

Ah, finally. Years of tech rushing finally come to an use. Finland shall have nukes!
pic7.png

India's almost down.
pic8.png

My first reactor. I couldn't make it due to lack of IC before.
pic9.png

Aww crap. -1300 oil daily. Is Rommel having a party in here? Or did the entire Wermacht's tanks suddenly came to drink some of the cheapest vodka they've got on stock in Helsinki?
pic10.png

Hmm, I think it was me breaking the USA. Dissent from no intervention while I annexed the minors in Central America, maybe? But if so why Canada has insurgents?
pic11.png

More insurgency.
pic12.png

Turkey's down, Germany's gonna run for the last VP's the UK haves. Hope they don't get the UK surrenders event.
pic13.png

Now that's a lot of partisants. 34 divisions. That gives us 34000 men revolting against the government. Nice job.
pic14.png

Ah what the hell. My puppet is offering me 84 oil when it dosen't even have any resources of that kind.
pic15.png

For crying out loud, revolts everywhere!
pic16.png

Okay. We might just say that the US is screwed beyond all recognition. And no, it's not me in Florida.
pic17.png

Germany took Suez. Allies are doomed now. I give them one year, maximally two if France stalls them in Sahara.
Update concluded.

best finland ever!

and wow i never saw so many divisions in one germany or so many revolters in one USA, man the game has gone silly :p

anyway good aar man cant wait to hear how it ends!