• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could you tell us what month it is in the latest picture?
I can't speak that language. :p
Remember to take Estonia somehow from the Germans.
And anything else you can.

Edit: 13th July.

Last edited:
And Finland is Swedish+Russian, then.

But none of those are true, so no need to discuss that.

No Beladriel you're quite right, but it is interesting that Finland has been Swedish longer than it's been independent and Russian all together. Sorry for my OT.

But it is interesting that Sweden was able to lose Finland without putting up a real fight in just 1 year... after your 600 years of "longer Swedish rule".

So please, don't compare some Swedish or Russian rule with our time of independence, pretty insulting that is.

Last edited:
Yeah, it has never been Swedish, or Russian. Only under Swedish and Russian rule. Both important ages for our countrys developement.

Heh, I apologize. Finland has my greatest respect for breaking lose from Russia and the struggle to defend itself. I was just kidding guys (note the smiley).
Anyway, interesting AAR.

Heh, I apologize. Finland has my greatest respect for breaking lose from Russia and the struggle to defend itself. I was just kidding guys (note the smiley).
Anyway, interesting AAR.

actually Finland was pat of russian revolution as well as it was part of Russia
it was only thanks to the Germans that came with help that the whites had enough freedom to emerge as white and independent state

btw do you Finns have some language/cultural remnants after Russian times?
we Poles have many of those although we've been under Russians for almost same time as you

I don't see how we were a part of the revolution. When Russia was in civil war, our (autonomious) Senate voted for independence. Then we had to seek recognition for our indepencence from Lenin and the Soviet State, until we could get it from the rest of the world.

As for the civil war, the Whites were pretty dominant thanks to their better leadership and training (especially Mannerheim) and the Finnish Jaegers that came back from Germany. Few of the Russian garrisons which turned Red in Finland actually bothered to support the Reds or fight against the Whites. They pretty much wanted to go back home. And I would mention that even the Reds didn't want a totalitarian state like the USSR. Instead they wanted something along the lines of Switzerland with direct voting and stuff like that.

The Germans didn't really help us much. They landed and marched without any real resistance to Helsinki. It is esmated that they only made the war shorter by a week or two. Mannerheim was against asking help from the Germans, because after the German help, Finland had to align with Germany on a lot of stuff. Including trade agreements, military equipment and stuff like that. So German intervention came at a high price.

The few Russian influences I can think of are Orthodox churches, strong alcohol and drinking and some Russian food.

If I remember correctly, the Poles belong to the Slavic language/cultural group, which might have some influence. And we are Finno-Ugric, compromising of Finland, Estonia and Hungaria. Also Finland does have a lot of words from Swedish, because majority of the new inventions came along from Sweden and instead of making up new words, we just changed the Swedish ones a bit.

So sorry for the offtopic in your AAR LordSlowpoke, but this being a Finnish AAR, I thought I explained the history a bit. ;)

Finnic culture has influenced russian culture more than any other culture. Except for the Byzantine influences.
Russians have stolen more words from us than we have from the russians. It's a fact.

Moskova is even an old finnish town called Mustajoki.

Storm i think russian revolutionaires didn't want a tyrant empire for one man also ;] and i think that if not for Stalin (he from beginning issued a one worker state and later "revolution in one state") ussr would look more like a todays Europen Union...
well anyway i belive you

actually those who created Rus in the first place were the Vikings as rivers provided a good alternative to get to Bizantion then going all the way through western Europe... and since there were large territories with few people to rule (and no other state around) Vikings decided to make few encampments like Kiev or Novogrod

then if not for the Vikings Russia could have been created a bit too late and become completely mongolized

so i think 3rd and 4th place of influences are the Swedes and Mongols (btw 5th place i believ to be France)

ok now lets end this offtopic XD

so Slowpoke di you conquer Moscow yet?

LordSlowpoke;9721113Update 1: How I wanted to make this one work said:
Ultimately this fails - you can't guarantee that the Germans will beat the Soviets (even with you controlling Finnish troops) and if they fail you're toast in the continuation war.

My successful semi-WC as Finland / Scandinavia was based on following

Moving towards authoritarian to allow declaration of war
Build six or more transports
Build infantry
In 1937 should be able to declare war on the evil Lithuanians:rofl: Estonia and Latvia will usually declare against Finland.

Estonia and Latvia often have their troops on the USSR border so a transport or three offshore to unload in the province between their capitals usually ensures annexation.

The baltic clusterf*ck scenario will usually trigger as Germany declares on Estonia for declaring on Finland and USSR declares on Germany. What usually happens is USSR fight a war vs all of Eastern Europe and Germany which will run to 1942 or so at which point the Allies normaly declare on Germany and overrun it allowing USSR to take all of Europe.

In the meantime Finland should have beaten Germany to annexing all the Baltic countries and then can annex Norway. Sweden can be attacked once Germany if in trouble against USSR (she seems unwilling to support Sweden if she's losing).

Build loads of infantry and Tacs - at least 8. Research motor / mech (and tanks if you're lucky).

Danger of USSR attack after Germany is annexed - I built a strong "Ice Wall" along the pre-war boder stocked with 9 inf in each province.

You should be able to ally with the Allies after Germany is dead (not before or you'll risk the baltic possessions and Norway. Grab Denmark and either release Scandinavia or mod a "Finnish" Scandinavia as I did. Build up your mobile force of circa 30 divisions and infantry of circa 50 divisions and wait for the right moment to declare on USSR. You'll be offered loads of expeditionary forces from everyone - I took the Czech and the Austrians and the Belgians (only) which amounted to another 50 divisions. This is more than enough to stomp the AI in Western Russia and the Americans do a good job of landing in Eastern Russia. I met up with them around Sverdlodsk in 149-50.

I'd puppeted/released Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Belorussia, Trans Ural and was working on Siberia. Doubt if I could have taken the USA but most of Eurasia was there for the taking of the Finlandian forces.

Nice naval victory! Great that you actually captured leningrad. Now move those coast defenders to the front because no one cant land there anymore if german controls copenhagen. Next segezha and volkov shall be ours!

So, k. I'll play soon, so update can be expected from 15 minutes time to 2 hours, or more. I'll just say it will happen today.
@Storm501: No problem, just keep that offtopic to one page per update. Thanks in advance.
@Deus Eversor: Not yet, I think.
@Derek Pullem: Did I accidentally summon you? Hah, a speech given me and a mod posting in my thread. Finland has an unknown kind of magnetism to it.
@Tulppu: Thanks. I think I'll invade Sweden with the coast defenders, that's almost 12 units trapped there. Segezha and Volkhov...Segezha is ours already, Volkhov is a chokepoint with 38 divisions in there.
Update soon, as I said above.

Well, crap. I've played for three and a half hours and all I did is to get to 1943. Damn you, German zerg rushing technologies. My game can come to a halt because of those and the AI spams 1200 divisions.

It was a cold day of 1942, when I wanted to declare war on Sweden. Guess what. They gave Germany military access and now I can't do anything to them. The bastards.
pic2.png

My moving castle finally lands in Finland.
pic3.png

Nice death toll. 3 submarine flotillas from 3 submarine flotillas.
pic4.png

That's 80% of the Finnish army thrown in there. Finland in deadly amounts one can say.
pic5.png

Oh COME ON, Korea happened. China officially won against Japan.
pic6.png

Wait. What the hell is this. Germany has 853 divisions?
pic7.png

Hitler's pissed it seems.
pic8.png

REINFORCEMENTS! Model's here, and it seems he brought friends with him. This useless piece of land with no resources nor IC is gonna be fought at for at least 5 months before I finally take it.
pic9.png

942 divisions. It seems Germany invented some kind of "spawn infantry" cheat.
pic10.png

The thin red line is the furthest advance of the Soviet counteroffensive. 21 divisions were destroyed in Sevastopol.
pic11.png

100 MP lost from me, probably the same from Germany, way way more from the SU. And great benefits to me since Germans will now bring me land.
pic12.png

Did I also say BP is not gonna fire since Finland has Leningrad? Outright annexation is needed here. 19 November 1942, Moscow flanked. It'll fall soon.
pic13.png

"If your partisants have 102 divisions to be supressed, you had great partisants"
pic14.png

Win win win. Moscow's falling!
pic15.png

18 January 1943. The winner is...TombolaG for September 18th. Thanks for trying, and TombolaG...how does one put it into a sentence? Anyway, a note for you all - never trust the German momentum. Hah.
pic16.png

State of things on February 25th.
pic17.png

Japan's offensive is going surpsingly well. They annexed the Philliphines already and got Midway for a week or so. They even landed on Hawaii but were kicked out almost immediately.
pic18.png

1220. German. Divisions. OBEY THEM.
Update concluded.

WTF, why do they spam divisions?
With what manpower???

Btw, if you lost 100k finns in one battle, that means every 30th finnish citizen just died.... :eek:

Methinks, GER hasn't invested in aeroplanes like GreyRat from EUFI in his USSR game. That should solve the clue.

It seems you've got all your eastern provinces with Arkangeli, Segezha, Kola and Karelia. Add you cores on them. And hooray for democratic China. Chang, pwn some commies. ;-)

Greetings,

Knight_in_Fire from Europa Universalis Ferro Iqnique.

Last edited: