• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(112641)

First Lieutenant
Aug 28, 2008
Well, here comes a third one of mine...two of them failed, time to finally accomplish something.
The goal of this is to actually try and beat the Soviet Union at all costs.
Rules as always, if you don't know them look up the AARs in my signature.
Starting in the Road to War scenario.
Gameplay style.
Now, off I go. Time to write something.

Edit: Since you people ask for what mods did I use, here you go:
Doomsday Armageddon 1.2, max airstacks 24, homeland manpower multipier +0.1, colonial manpower multiplier +0.5.

Last edited:
Intro: How I wanted to make this one work, part 1
pic1.png

Well well well. Here I have a Finland. It's gonna be zerged in 1939. Let's fix it.
pic2.png

Sliders first, one move Hawk.
pic3.png

Some early production. The gaps, they are impossible. Really.
pic4.png

Positional warfare...
pic5.png

Bam! I'm regrouping this entire army. No fooling around. I'm doing this Soviet style.
pic6.png

Obligatory pic of Europe in January 1936...
pic7.png

Some minister changes, ofc. Gotta keep it optimalized.
pic8.png

And what are THOSE guys doing up there? Helsinki! Go go go!
pic9.png

And done. Leaders are on auto assign. Future will tell if I can take on hordes of hordes of hordes...

Intro part one concluded.

Last edited:
good luck,
i'll follow this one

Finland F yea! :D

In other words, count me in and good luck. ;)

Storm got a lot of nationalistic after yesterday. :rofl:

@Deus Eversor: Just like that. More time between updates tho, probably more backstabbing, and more rage.
@Mico94: Thanks man, and welcome aboard.
@Von Perkele: Hah, will need it.
@hebelecan: As always, of course.
@TRP: Thanks. Hope you enjoy.
@Storm501: Why did I feel when making this AAR that I'll get this? :p
@Beladriel: Truth that.

Well. My gambit is - try and get the SU to give me my territories then make forts on them, pwn Murmansk, and go on till Barbarossa activates and Germans get in the Leningrad area to zerg the hell out of the back lines.
pic2.png

First, Viipuri and 25 AA batteries to kill some Soviet planes.
pic3.png

This move I regretted later. Gave me a good slider move, yet created, what I call, the Finnish walls of dissent.
pic4.png

Didn't predict those walls yet, but I got the best minister array events could give me.
pic5.png

It has started.
pic6.png

Oh well. This is a moment of rejoice - after 2k money spent, I managed to force them at barely 3 or 4 percent chance to give me my land. They don't know what they just did.
pic7.png

Now something completely unrelated. Germany is pwning Poland for the 939201015876e+24'th time in here.
pic8.png

Or maybe not?
pic9.png

Yeah, add 1 to that huge number up there.
pic10.png

Was nice knowing you.
pic11.png

And thanks for the supplies you gave me...poof. Poland's gone. Now it's time for me.
Update concluded.

Woa, AAR with Finland! Count me in!

"Minä tervehdin teitä jääkärit tervetulleiksi isänmaahan. Aikana, jolloin isänmaan kohtalo näytti mitä synkimmältä, uskoitte te nuoret sen tulevaisuuteen. Te uhrasitte kotinne, onnenne, kaikki, voidaksenne rakentaa onnettomalle maallemme suuren ja onnellisen tulevaisuuden. Ja teidän johtotähtenne ei ole johtanut teitä harhaan.

Isänmaa tervehtii teissä parhaimpia poikiansa; Suomen nuori nouseva armeija näkee teissä sen opettajat ja tulevat johtajat. Nyt teitä odottaa suuri mutta kunniakas työ, yli koko Suomen luoda armeija, joka voi vapauttaa Suomen ja tehdä maastamme suuren mahtavan kansan. Olkaat tervetulleet joukkoomme. Eläköön jääkärit!"

- C.G.E Mannerheim, 26.2.1918, Vaasa

Volunteers! Translate! So everyboby else can understand it too :p

"I salute you jaegers to be welcomed in Fatherland. At a time when the fate of the Fatherland seemed the most darkest, you youth believed in it's future. You sacraficed your homes, your happiness, everything, in order to build great and happy future for our miserable Fatherland. And your beacon hasn't mislead you.

The Fatherland salutes you as it's best son's; Finland's young and rising army sees in you it's teachers and becoming leaders. Now awaits you great, but honorable work, create an army from all over the Finland, that can liberate Finland and make a great and mighty nation from it. Be welcomed to our group. Long live jaegers!
"

- C.G.E Mannerheim, 26.2.1918, Vaasa

I hope that will do, there might be mistake or two, so correct my text if needed :) Great speech by the way.

Yea, that speech is great. And your translation has my confirmation too, well done. :)

@Von Perkele: Truth.
@Middelkerke: Your question has been recieved. See below...
@ImTheSheep: And this one may actually WIN the Winter War. Welcome aboard!
@juspedude & Von Perkele: Great speech. None of my AARs back then recieved one >.> I feel honored.

Middelkerke, look at this one, 20 divisions! Hah!
pic2.png

Goodbye, peaceful world.
pic3.png

Anldfjngksdfasd... simply put, let the games begin!
pic4.png

Easy victories at first. Got a 2:1 advantage in the north.
pic5.png

K, now it's even, but it's a militia division.
pic6.png

Off my ports you go! I expected a ship to fall into my hands, they had such advanced stuff when looking at mine.
pic7.png

Fortress Finland mode initiate.
pic8.png

pic9.png

I can safely say that hordes of hordes of hordes already arrived, yet are too afraid to attack me.
pic10.png

Fortress Finland initiated. Now nothing, not even 200 CAS divisions, can hurt me. Except a nuke... ah, that's 5 years from now.
pic11.png

In before annex.
pic12.png

In after. Now, Germany is pwning the Low Countries. And I still have 2 provinces taken from the SU with none lost.
pic13.png

This one ends my session.
Update 2 concluded.

I used that strategy once a very good way to win the winter war!