How could epidemics work in CK3?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Niall9

Captain
6 Badges
Sep 8, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
Looking back, I think Reaper's Due was possibly my favourite DLC for CK2: it fleshed out a lot of aspects of the game that were underdeveloped, but it also provided new challenges and obstacles. I liked how it gave you something to focus on beyond constant expansion.

CK3 is definitely much better than CK2 was at launch when it comes to illness and disease, but I do miss the epidemics mechanic from CK2. I'm hoping it will be implemented in some future DLC and wondered if people had thoughts on how things could be improved from CK2?

Personally, while I really liked the epidemics, I felt the hospital system wasn't that great or fun way of dealing with disease. I would like something a bit more dynamic with more event chains where you have to make decisions on how to manage plagues ravaging your realm. Also, while I liked how ominous the Black Death could be, I felt that some of the alert messages got very repetitive and lost impact. I'd prefer messages to less be about region but distance to capital, that as it gets closer you get more and more troubling news.

Reactions: