• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(171871)

Banned
1 Badges
Oct 7, 2009
  • Majesty 2
one thing i have learned during my years of internet experience, is that people are going to cheat online..no matter what. I doubt there is an online game where it's possible to cheat and it's not beeing abused to fullest extent.

Hell.. i even remember one day out of pure randomness playing windows (XP's) own default games - whatever those numb games were.. i think chess, ..,checkers, etc. - and people were like taking 5 turns after eachother with me just watching till the whole game ended and them winning without me even taking one move in chess or checkers and other retarded stuff. "Com on man! Cheating in Windows own crappy 50KB games!?" ..i thought back then. What absolutely surprised me back then in my naiveness, is what today seems so self-evident to me, now that i know people cheating online is the standard and not an occasional obsecurity.

To cut a long story short, does MJ2 have any build in protections against Multiplayer cheating? A redundant question and i know the answer but i let you surprise me. ;)

As i understand you can edit all sort of files in the game or what?

As i understand you can edit all sort of files in the game or what?

You can, with the caveat that it depends on what patch version you have and how much mod knowledge you have.

In short, anyone can mod an unpatched Maj2 version pretty "freely". With the first patch, that way of modding was restricted and you needed a workaround (something like installing the demo, modding, and transferring the files to the Maj2 folder). With the latest patch, modding was even MORE restricted and a more convoluted workaround is needed.

See the Mod forum for more details.