• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vampire Prince

Private
32 Badges
Aug 27, 2019
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I know this might sound a bit controversial, with all things already in game, but, reasons why I am writing this following:

-Syndicate does not have early skimmer/quick raider units (and mirage is not really an early game unit)
-Other nations have at least 1 variant of such unit (except assembly, but they have Chopper vehicle variant for hero, so we might look into this from their perspective also)
-Syndicate OVERALL has the smallest amount of units (you can count them down in Imperial Archives)
-Syndicate early game does not have an AoE attack (which this unit would provide), while majority of nations do (in this regard, I think Syndicate is the only one which does not have an AoE unit until tier 3-4 units, and even thoose are having AoE as ability, not base attack)

And finally, WHY does the unit, as a standalone exist, if we are not allowed to build it? Main reason why I am writing this is because you can get the unit on Heritors DLC Champaign, Mission 2 (and unit has amazing and really funny story to itself as well):

1591664429638.jpeg

So, with all things considered and taken into notion
, is there still a reason why this unit exists, but is not unlocked by tech (early tier 1 ones) and enabled in normal games, as a regular unit?

Upvote 0
-Syndicate does not have early skimmer/quick raider units (and mirage is not really an early game unit)
-Other nations have at least 1 variant of such unit (except assembly, but they have Chopper vehicle variant for hero, so we might look into this from their perspective also)

they do it's called the runner

-Syndicate OVERALL has the smallest amount of units (you can count them down in Imperial Archives)
this is true only because they only have 1 boat

-Syndicate early game does not have an AoE attack (which this unit would provide), while majority of nations do (in this regard, I think Syndicate is the only one which does not have an AoE unit until tier 3-4 units, and even thoose are having AoE as ability, not base attack)

this is the only actual point you've made

I did enjoy playing with this unit in the campaign. I also think it could be justified, giving the syndicate an extra unit to make up for missing out In the boat department.

In the end though, more units means more options means more flexibility means buff. Syndicate don't need a buff.

Hoverbike as a buildable unit seems... honestly, ludicrously overpowered.

How would you react to someone who said "hey, let's give the Shakarn the Glaukos as a buildable unit"? I mean, at least the Glaukos is "just" a mini-resonator. The Hoverbike is entirely unique and carries enough BS(IMO) to make it the single best Assault Vehicle Loadout. Especially if it followed the rules of EVERY OTHER hero Assault Loadout(other than Shakarn and Assembly) of being an unresearched core unit.

To be entirely honest, I wouldn't be too surprised if the reason the hoverbike unit exists in campaign is because the devs thought about adding it into the Syndi roster, played it, and said "that is too much immobilize" even if they didn't have all the other reasons for not including it.